Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pregnancy Is my piggy pregnant or just really fat?

pandaloki

Cavy Slave
[GuineaPigCages.com] Is my piggy pregnant or just really fat?[GuineaPigCages.com] Is my piggy pregnant or just really fat?[GuineaPigCages.com] Is my piggy pregnant or just really fat?

Here are pictures of her where her bulge is most obvious. The only sign of pregnancy I've observed is that she's been drinking a lot of water, and I've recently felt a tiny lump but I can't tell if I'm feeling ribs, organs, or baby.

Has she been housed with a male and if so for how long? She may just be drinking more because it's getting hot out since summer has started.

[GuineaPigCages.com] Is my piggy pregnant or just really fat?[GuineaPigCages.com] Is my piggy pregnant or just really fat?

Here's more. I can only touch her sides. She bites when i try to touch her underbelly. I've only had her for a month now.

Has she been housed with a male and if so for how long? She may just be drinking more because it's getting hot out since summer has started.

She's never been with my boars, but I'm not sure if she has been with any boars before I got her. She recently gave birth 2-3 months ago and when my friend gave her to me she was still on the road to recovery, she was balding, and was really skinny. One of her babies were born dead and the other one died a day later.

Ask your friend if the male was in with her when she gave birth or afterwards.

Her hair looks pretty thin in places. Did you treat her for mites?

Ask your friend if the male was in with her when she gave birth or afterwards.

Her hair looks pretty thin in places. Did you treat her for mites?

Yes, mites free when I got her. She used to have a giant bald spot on her head but it's not that obvious now.

I'll go ask about the male.

She still looks like she has hair loss. How was she treated for mites? With what?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.