Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Is my pig afraid?

Eventrocker33

Cavy Slave
Whenever I walk over to Peanut's cage she makes a chattering noise and runs away. She also runs away when I try to pick her up. Is she afraid? How can I make it so she likes to be held? Could she just be lonely?

pennick

Cavy Slave
How long have you had her? Most piggies will run away as you try to pick her up. That will always happen. They cant help it, the instinct to run is built into them. You have to be persistant in giving her lap time every day if you can. By constantly giving her attention, cooing and petting her she will over time come to enjoy lap time. It can take a few weeks or even a few months. Be patient. Try to figure out the best way for you to capture your piggy. Can you just take her in her hidey house out? Can you throw a towel over her? Can you corner her? When my piggie is in a certain area I take a long piece of coroplast and put it into the grids on the 2nd level where she cant escape. She has no choice but to be picked up. Find out what works best for you.

Eventrocker33

Cavy Slave
I have had her for three years. Thanks for all the ideas.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.