Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Weight is my guinea pigs weight normal?

miss_melmel

Cavy Slave
Connor is 4 moths and 700grams.
Hugo is 3 months and 400grams.
Charlie Bear is roughly a year and 1kg.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds about right to me.

I don't have my notebook in front of me, but if I remember correctly, when I brought Ruby home at 4 months old she was just over 700g. My one year old and your one year old are about the same too. The only one I don't know for sure is the 3 month old, because I've never had a piggy that young.

Good question. I was wondering the same thing.
Harper is "3 months old" and weighs exactly two pounds. Is he huge for his age, or did the lady I got him from just confuse his birthdate?

Good question. I was wondering the same thing.
Harper is "3 months old" and weighs exactly two pounds. Is he huge for his age, or did the lady I got him from just confuse his birthdate?

I highly doubt a 3 month old could possibly weigh 2 pounds. Either Harper is older then his previous owner told you...or you have a broken scale.

I guess there is a possiblility you have a very fat little piggy, but common sense doesn't lean that way.

I highly doubt a 3 month old could possibly weigh 2 pounds. Either Harper is older then his previous owner told you...or you have a broken scale.

I guess there is a possiblility you have a very fat little piggy, but common sense doesn't lean that way.

I am assuming it is the former, being that he is more like 4 or 5 months old. He is not really that fat. He is still slim and young looking, but certainly larger than a 3 month old.
[GuineaPigCages.com] is my guinea pigs weight normal?
This was taken about a week to a week and a half ago.
Any idea?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.