Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Not Eating Is Muggle sick?

lunarminx

Cavy Slave
Muggle is 3 1/2 years old, neutered boar. My baby! I noticed last night he didn't coming running for dinner, he barely ate any and went back to his tunnel. So I checked him over, teeth fine, no weight loss. No ruffled hair, no arching like in pain. Not impacted. He is acting the same today. I made a mush of pellets and cooked oatmeal with applesauce that all ate. His eyes are not runny. I do not know, Yes I know, I will be calling the vets tomorrow. Even with the air we have been fighting a small heat wave, it's been a battle so I have lowered it to 75. He is not on fleece so that is not over heating him. Could he be having an off few days. I can find no symptoms besides not eating as much and staying in the tunnel. I did give cantaloupe rind with some flesh on it the other day, I thought that was safe. I wonder. Someone help me wonder as Muggle is my first piggy( not only piggy anymore though.)

katkor03

Cavy Slave
I would think he's hot. Even without fleece, on a hot day piggies get hot.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I'd put a frozen water bottle in with him, wrapped in some kind of cloth, and see if he snuggles against it to cool off.

If you've just now lowered the A/C to 75, I really think the heat may be the problem. What do you usually keep it at?

lunarminx

Cavy Slave
It's been at 75 for a few days but they are near a window so the humidity may be coming in. I feel it at my pc at times. I have the tunnels in there that can have the ice packs on top. I normally keep it at 78 but the real feel been like 104-112 at times this past week. He's in with five sows and none of them are showing anything either. he is just off his normal routine and its worrying me.