Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Is it to cold to have free range outside?

go_ellie

Banned
Cavy Gazer
It is abnorable warm today, and the pigs want to come out and play, is it to cold to do free range outside?

It is windy, and it is 67 degrees outside. Can I or should I wait for it to be even warmer?

How does the ground feel? I gauge when to put my piggies outside on whether or not the ground is warm or cold to the touch since the guinea pigs are basically laying on the ground. I'm in Texas today it is 70 and windy. I wouldn't put my piggies outside because the ground is chilly.

The ground it ok. It is not warm or cold. it feels like my kitchen floor

By free range, do you mean with supervision in an enclosed area? You don't want to leave them outside unattended, not even for a few minutes. If the ground is damp, I wouldn't bring them outside.

I plan I bringing out a 5x5 C&C grides with roof. The ground is not damp. I am worred about the cold.

Will you be out there with them, the entire time, while they are in the cage?

Oh, sorry forgot to mention that.

When I have free range outside, I stay with them, when I have it inside I stay with them.

It is now dark, so hopfuly it will be warm again tomorrow

It felt nice outside by me in the western suburbs of Chicago yesterday but not warm enough for my guinea pigs. It was 66 degrees. It was windy and cool when the sun wasn't out. The ground was also still really cold and damp. I have allergies and was sneezing like crazy because of all the mold outside from the wet leaves out there.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.