Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

How Many? Is it ok to put 3 males in this cage???

go_ellie

Banned
Cavy Gazer
I am considering getting another guinea pig. I was going to get a spayed female or a male. But I disided to stick with male because I don't think 2 males and a female would work

Is it ok to keep 3 males in a 2x4 c&c with a 2x3 loft

No, three pigs need at least a 2x5 as the main level, upper levels don't count as the total space. Males need even more space, so you could have a 2x6 or a 2x5 with a loft, ect

My aunt actually has her 3 males in a 2x4 with a 2x3 loft. I wouldn't recommend it because I think a 2x4 for 3 males is pushing it, but it works for her boys. Is there anyway you could go bigger? I guess you won't know until you try it, but you always have to be prepared for the worst case scenario.

We are in the prosses of moving so after the move, I might have the room for a 2x5 with a loft. I am kinda considering it but not really. Just wondering.

Another thought is maybe going wider than 2 grids. My cage is 3 grids wide, and I love it! Just a thought if you do adopt another pig. :)

Ok that is a good option too. I am looking at petfinder right now. To many homeless pigs. I am moving in a few months and I have to get used to new school, so it wont be until very late fall until I seriously consider getting a third.

A 2x4 would definitely be too small for three males. A 2x5 was a tight squeeze for my three females with one that's dominant.

Yep I'd think a 3x4 would be good for 3 males, however remember that bigger is always better. :D

Sounds good. I dont plan on getting one for a long long while

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.