Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Coughing Is it normal for a guinea pig to cough every now and then?

I LOVE MY PIGS

Cavy Slave
Last week one of my pigs had been coughing so i took him to the vet but i took both even though one of them had the problem the vet gave antibiotics for a week. I just got my pigs back and brought them home and they are back in the cage and now after 10 minutes of watching them i heard both of them make the cough sound once already. Is it normal? I havent heard it anymore just that one time. I will see if they make it again I hope they dont,,.

Are they eating when these noises happen?

um not that i know of.,,,,,

i really need an answer guys! please!

They shouldn't be coughing. Sometimes they make a choking "hacking" sound when they're eating fast, though. You need to watch them and see.

Do you weigh your pigs? Weight loss is a great indicator of health issues.

It could be dust from the hay or pellets. Try taking the pigs out of the cage, and giving the cage a good thorough cleaning.

It could be dust from the hay or pellets. Try taking the pigs out of the cage, and giving the cage a good thorough cleaning.
I dont think so because i took them to the vet last week and gave antiobiotics and said that its a URI. So he said the antibiotics will fix everything up but that was just with one pig...
I got them back today put them in the cage and 10 minutes of them being with me I hear a cough from not one but BOTH of them..

Ok,, I was just watching my pig and heard one of them cough again but THIS TIME i did notice that he was eating [GuineaPigCages.com] Is it normal for a guinea pig to cough every now and then?g hay and ran out of the kitchen area and then coughed.

so far twice today. is it normal to hear it a few times everyday?

i just heard it once this morninggg

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.