Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Ivermectin Invermectin Dosage and Syringe

dayi56

Cavy Slave
I am currently confused on how much Invermectin to put on my guinea pig. I did this and this comes out ((broken link removed))
I also wanted to make sure that I did everything is correct, this is the invermectin I bought ((broken link removed))

Lastly, where can I get a needless syringe that doesn't cost $3 for just one of them? This is what I currently use this ((broken link removed)) It goes up to 1ml. It has 4 lines, let me demonstrate.

- 1ml
-
-.5ml
-

It really confuses me because the dosage I got before was .10ml

I don't know about the dosage but you can get the syringe free at your local pharmacy.
That is where I have always gotten mine. Just ask and they are usually very accommodating. Especially if you go there often.

Good luck

You need a different syringe -- your picture is of a dropper, and it's not accurate enough to measure with. Go to a pharmacy and tell them you need a 1 ml. needleless syringe to dose an animal with. They'll probably give it to you, but even if they don't and you have to pay $3 for it, it will last a long time.

I get the same answer you do when calculating the dosage. It rounds off to .07 ml, which is just a bit less than the .10 ml you said you got before.

If you get a 1 ml. syringe, it will be marked off in tenths of a milliliter. You need just a little less than one tenth, so draw it up and apply it to the bald spots behind the pig's ears.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.