Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Introductions introductions and lap time

jacqueline

Cavy Slave
i've just recently introduce a new pig to my bonded pair (all males). they're in a 2X5. as expected, there's mounting, teeth chattering, and other displays of dominance, but only from one pig - george. newman, the pig that was introduced in, is very very passive, sweet and shy. he's tolerated all of george's displays of dominance, and mostly wheeks and hides. there's no bloodshed, hair pulling, or other untoward physical attacks. so, here's my question. i know when introducing new pigs to each other, they need time to work things out, and that if you separate them and put them back together, you start from zero and they go through the whole intro process again. but does that apply to lap time? can i take any one of the three out, for some quiet lap time without disrupting the intro process? or do i need to have all three stay together in the cage for several days before taking any one of them out for cuddling?

take one out at a time for like 10 minutes then there should be no problem

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.