Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Introductions Introducing a New Guinea Pig?

MissGracie

Cavy Slave
I am adopting a cute little piggie name Jigga next weekend and I was wondering how to introduce her to my guinea pig Momo. Momo has been by herself and im not sure how she will react. They are both females.

Do I just put them into the cage together, let them have some floor time together, let them enjoy the nice weather while they bond? Not sure what to do...

Check out these links: Guinea Pigs Social Life and Guinea Pig Companionship

Basically, you want to quarantine the new pig for 2-3 weeks in a separate room from your current pig. Then, when it is over, introduce them in neutral territory (somewhere your current pig has never been so she can't claim it as her own) and let them establish their dominance ranking. After that, wash everything in the cage and put them in.

You do have a C&C cage, right? A 2x4 is recommended for 2 pigs. Also, make sure that you have two of everything so they don't fight over anything.

P.S. I just realized that you are in WA! So am I! Where are you adopting Jigga from?

Check out this thread: https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/cafe/71050-home-sweet-home-washingoton.html

O
h, and is Momo your avatar? She is so cute!! How old is she?

Ty for your response! X3 I am adopting her in Wenatchee WA. Momo is around a year old. I am actually building the C&C Cage this week. I just need to find Coroplast which is really hard to find around here x.x

There is a sign place in tricities :) I'm in Yakima and can't find anyone in the area ..

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.