Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Introductions Introducing 2 female bonded pairs?

KatherinesPigs

Cavy Slave
So I don't know if this is a good idea, but I am looking into adopting another guinea pig. But I saw a pair of guinea pigs that sounded like the sweetest things. Before I go see them and fall in love (there's no going back after that) I want to know if 2 females that are already bonded could be introduced to 2 other females that are bonded. Also, what are the up and down sides to having 4 guinea pigs?

Brandi0509

Cavy Slave
I have 12 pigs in one cage so I am just speaking from my experience but I have never had a problem doing an intro no matter how many pigs. I have 3 sets of 2 sisters that I have added over time (so half my herd).

I love having a large herd. They are so fun to watch! I love how they all start wheeking at the same time. Watching them interact. Watching them popcorn and do zoomies. I just love it.

You will have to have a larger cage for 4 and a larger vet fund. Double the amount of daily hay, pellets, and veggies. And double the poop! Lol! My herd fills up a plastic grocery sack in a week (of just poop!)

If you can afford it and can give two more homeless pigs a good home then I say go for it! :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.