Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

intro for : Ziespiggies!

• Post hidden due to user being banned.
Fostering is one thing, breeding is another. "Fostering" says you are taking care of the animal and putting what is best for the animal first. Breeding is exactly the opposite. There is no need to breed cavies. There are too many that are unwanted and suffering as it is. And since there are so many cavies available, putting one of them through the risks of having pups is unnecessary and cruel. I cannot imagine asking an animal to do something that is frivolous and solely for my own pleasure and profit, particuarly if it meant that there is a 1 in 5 chance she would die.

If you love cavies, you'll separate the pair and stop abetting your uncle in doing something that is flat wrong. You may not be able to stop him, but you can certainly stop yourself.

There are thousands of homeless guinea pigs. Why would you want to be a part of the problem. There is no need to breed more guinea pigs. If you love your sow, don't risk her life. You could adopt to save lives instead of bringing more into the world. Many get euthanized simply just because shelters do not have enough space.

Please listen to what they are trying to tell you!! Breeding is wrong, and if you love you cavies, you won't make them do it. Your female will most likely die, and none of us want to see that happen!! Please don't do it, and please try to get your uncle to stop. If you love your pigs, why would you breed? It's a terrible thing to do, and it won't help anyone. Especially your piggies.

i think you guys just bonbared a kid XD, Anyways, Ziespiggies breeding is infact dangruse and alot of people do viwe it as wronge (myself included). no one hear tho thinks your a bad person or wants to hurt your feelings. we just think your unegicated and dont really know the affect your having on other guinie pigs. e-mail me on my account if youd like and we can talk more about it. i could share some infromation with you and i promise i will not juge you. although i will earg you to stop.

@nibbler100, whether the OP is a young person or not, the OP has said they have bred pigs in the past and is again being asked to breed piggies. So the OP is taking on an adult task by not only raising but breeding an animal, and particularly an animal for which breeding is so dangerous.

It isn't about judging the OP as a person. It's about questioning the judgment and maturity (regardless of a person's age) if they are knowingly breeding cavies. I don't see candid, factual posts as cruel. I'd rather risk hurting some feelings than have that person have a gravid sow that is writhing in agony because the birth went wrong. I'm betting that all of us have done things growing up that we might not have done if we had a vivid picture of the consequences beforehand.

@nibbler100 , whether the OP is a young person or not, the OP has said they have bred pigs in the past and is again being asked to breed piggies. So the OP is taking on an adult task by not only raising but breeding an animal, and particularly an animal for which breeding is so dangerous.

It isn't about judging the OP as a person. It's about questioning the judgment and maturity (regardless of a person's age) if they are knowingly breeding cavies. I don't see candid, factual posts as cruel. I'd rather risk hurting some feelings than have that person have a gravid sow that is writhing in agony because the birth went wrong. I'm betting that all of us have done things growing up that we might not have done if we had a vivid picture of the consequences beforehand.

im not saying she isn't in the wrong. im saying that was a lot to be thrown at her at once. Me being a kid i can see where it would hurt her feeling and she would just go away and shut down and keep breeding. I was and still am offering her a chance to talk to me so i can teach her how wrong it is and show her the right thing to do with out being judge. i honestly don't think she knows the risk shes taking and i want her to learn, not run away because people attacked her on her first post about being a breeder like people did me. I'm not a breeder, but people assumed i was because i was young and had a prago piggies that i had gotten from the shelter and she was already prago. all im saying id rather educate her in the matter than attack her.

We were not attacking her, just informing her. Ziespiggies: just answer me this. If you know that your pig has a 1/5 chance of dieing b/c you bred her, why would you do it?

i honestly think shes gone :/

but i know you wernt attacking her, but she could have seen it like that. i mean i dont know how old she is but she sounded younger than me. kids get affended easly.

Deleted post.

Last edited:
I know everyone's all mad at me and I don't know why everyone is just so upset! And you know it is 1/5 and to tell you I just found out I didnt breed her cause she was already pregnant (preggy) when I got her. I thought I was breeding but her previous owner just contacted me and said that she was already preggy so all I was doing was keeping a boar in her cage wile she was already preggy. And just because there is a 1/5 % chance she can die dose not mean that she will! I have bred five guinea pigs before with my uncles supervision and they are all fine! My uncle bred many guinea pigs befor probably about 15 or 20 maybe even 30 times, and all of them, every single one of them turned out perfect! And thank you nibbler100 I except all that kind comments you gave me. And yes I tried to take them apart but she just was already preggy before I got her! I dont know what to do!:guilty: every one is always so mad at me! I just cant take it anymore!

No one is mad at you, we just feel strongly about what we believe. Glad you decided to sway your views on the matter. I know it feels harsh, but the people around here love their pets and just want the absolute best for them. What your uncle does is like a breeding mill, and it's doubtful that those animals have good care, cuddles daily, and a high quality diet. All things we believe every pet deserves to be happy and healthy. Leave the breeding to professionals, and just enjoy the love of your pets.
Hopefully all goes well with your current piggy, and she has a smooth delivery. In the meantime try and bond your two boys so they aren't lonely. When mom has her pups, hopefully she will have at least one girl and you can have a cage for the boys, and one for the girls.

I encourage you to stick around the site, do some reading, and learn some more about your beloved pets. You'll probably learn a few things you never knew and can improve the lives of you pets that much more. It is always a good feeling to see our babies happy :)

i am happy to see you did change your ways :) if you still would like to email me plz do so! i can give you some facts about piggies and such ^^

ps I JUST TAUGHT MY PIGGIE CIRCLES!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.