Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Diet intraducing new foods

Lawcatt509

Cavy Slave
ok so willber {skinny pig} is doing great for his first week in the house .. i hate to say but getting him a buddy fell thruogh but is ok hubby said lets get wilber trained and less skidish before we get him a bud .. alo to finish building his cage and making bedding ..hehe

and now on to his feeding .. 2 nights ago i intraduced carrots to him .. he loved it !!! his diet consist of hay , green leaf lettuce green peppers,pelets and tomatoes when he feels like eating it .. he is not to keen on tomatoes .. than yesterday morning i decided to give him a treat some straberries .. well 24 hours later and he has not even tuched the straberries ...lol .. i think he hates anything red ..he wont even tuch the red chew sticks i got him .. strange little fella .. he is around 4 months old so will he just get a more into new things as i intraduce them or will he just be a picky eater ?:crazy:

well we have tried with Gidget a lot of lettuces, bell pepper red and green, apples, oranges, cilantro,parsley and Carrots. she does not like bananas, I have not tried strawberries.

Gemini is still kinda shy about taking food from me but she ate carrots bell pepper and lettuce from me but it took forever. Gidget ate most of their salad by the time she finished a piece of bell pepper so I have to feed them separate for now till she gets more tame.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.