Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General In progress. Help!

• Thread starter JessicaSayzRawr
  • Start date

JessicaSayzRawr

Cavy Slave
Okkayy so I put my cage together decided I wanted to put a loft but I have to put a top on my cage how would i do it? with out cutting the grids.

This is what I have done so far. and How much coroplast would I need for that top place? its 1x2.
[GuineaPigCages.com] In progress. Help![GuineaPigCages.com] In progress. Help![GuineaPigCages.com] In progress. Help![GuineaPigCages.com] In progress. Help!

I can't tell you how, because I've never done it myself.

However, here's a link to the photo gallery for multi-level cages with tops. Look around and see if it helps you figure it out.

Closed, Multi-Level - Guinea Pig Cage Photos

How much coro you need for the top depends on how high you want the walls to be.

I guess I just want 6" sides. I need to now asap my dad wants to go get it now!!D:

use a measuring tape and add six inches...

How do I measure it?

Do I add 6 inches to both measurements?

Yeah, so say the inside is 27inches by 14 inches, I would shave off a bit or it's not going to fit... So... 26inches by 13 inches, then add 6 inches to each side so you can fold up.

Great setup you have so far!

Here are a couple of shots of the lid I built...

Closed...
[GuineaPigCages.com] In progress. Help!

Open. If you look in the center you will see the 2 grids I used for support, to keep the top from caving in if one of our cats got on. I knocked the wire out of 2 grids and de-burred to give him walk around space.

A close up of the cable ties I used in an X pattern to form the 'hinge'

I was wondering if there was anything I could use until I get my coroplast tomorrow..D: I didn't know the sign shop closed so early so I have to wait till tomorrow but I want my little buggers to move into their new cage.O: Or should i just wait till i get the coroplast?

@Dee_E That blanket you have hanging it one of the blankets I am going to be using for a cage liner.:p

Okkayy thanks.:D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.