Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Sick Important and I need help!!

BluMyBaby

Cavy Slave
So Blu, he was eating his pellets of food and he just started jutting his head forward. It looked like he was choking but when I went to get him he just ran away. It's the 2nd time he has done this and I'm very worried. I know he is getting rather sick, but the meds he is on just aren't working.
I've also heard about death throes, I've looked up what they ate but I don't fully understand and I'm hoping this is not what he's doing. Also, when i pet Blu he purrs and after he did this head thing I went to pet him and he just sat there.

Someone please help me understand why he was throwing his head forward like that because it's the scariest thing I've dealt with!!

Could he have been choking on his pellets? My sweet little Rose was choking on one of her pellets and I was freaking out since she is pregnant I could not just snatch her up and help her but she finally got it and I was so thankful because I do not know how to help a choking Pregnant Piggie! Thankfully it has only happened once and hasnt happened since!

What did the choking look like? Was she shooting her head forward or anything?

She was throwing her head forward but with her mouth open; it scared me I almost had a heartattack!

He's choking on something -- that's not at all what death throes look like.

What do you mean, he's getting rather sick?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.