Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

I'm so happy!

zakfoxmom

Cavy Slave
When I first go Cinnamon and Coco my husband wanted nothing to do with them. Yesterday when I came home from work, I could tell that he had been visiting them and had given them treats. Then this morning before he left for work he told me that he had turned the a/c on for a 75 degrees so they don't get too hot during the day. I knew he would eventually turn :)

Also, my son came running to me this morning with a huge smile on his face because he saw Coco climb into this little hanging tunnel they have. He was so excited! I thnik I might actually have a good day for a change.

Denise

Cavy Slave
Men - mine is the same way!

zakfoxmom

Cavy Slave
He was like that with our birds and with one of our cats, Ranger. He is a total pushover for animals. He has put his foot down that 3 cats, 2 birds, 2 guinea pigs, and a bunch of fish is my limit :)

stipma

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
LOL He sounds like my hubby. He, too, has put his foot down. 4 kids, 1 dog, 1 cat, 1 hamster, and 2 guinea pigs. He went to give the piggies the veggies the other night and he said, "Now I'm only doing this cause they need their greens. Not to hear them go wheek, wheek, wheek." I had tears in my eyes I was laughing so hard. It's nice to see him turn around, though.

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
That is very sweet. I figure eventually- you marry me, you marry my animals.

stipma

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
I had my cat when we got married. Everything else has come into our family since then.

Trixie

Cavy Slave
My hubby was the same way. He is a cat lover so we have 2 cats.. had 3 but the 3rd just never seems to make it. :( Well I added one dog to the group then when my job was going to take there "guard dog" to the pound I took her. Then Snickers (the first dog) got pregnate from a neighbors dog getting in the yard. We added a puppy. (the only one that lived) . Well grandma (my mom) decided to get my daughter a piggie for her birthday. Well hubby was rather upset. He wouldnt do anything with the piggie for like the first umm maybe 2 hours. He couldn't help it. He tried to stay upset but it just didn't last. He is to much of an animal lover . He is now the piggie inforcer. Makes sure they get everything they need. I just have to double check. LOL

mefingas

Cavy Slave
For us it was get married then get animals. Right now we are up to 2 guinea's, a dog, 4 fish and a leopard gecko with plans to get a bird, another dog, and some more reptiles eventually. People joke and say our house is going to become a zoo, they blame volunteering at a zoo. My husband likes my pigs and cleans them, but I havent found him feeding them or anything. I think he's more of a dog and reptile kind of person. Its so cute when he hears the pigs wheek and I dont hear them, he will come to me and say they are calling you.

zakfoxmom

Cavy Slave
I had my cat, Dave, before my husband came into the picture. When we started dating I told him that he would go before Dave would :) He just doesn't like the responsiblity. In our family now, he manages the cats and fish while I tend to the piggies and birds. Of course we have equal duty with our son :)

stipma

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
zakfoxmom said:
I had my cat, Dave, before my husband came into the picture. When we started dating I told him that he would go before Dave would :) He just doesn't like the responsiblity. In our family now, he manages the cats and fish while I tend to the piggies and birds. Of course we have equal duty with our son :)

LOL That sounds exactly like us. These men...it's a good thing they put their foot down. rofl

TurboPiggy

Cavy Slave
Getting our first guinea pig was all my husbands idea. He tried talking me into it for about a year until one day, we found ourselves with the opportunity to get one and he wore me down. Now getting a second pig was totally all my idea!!!

Baby Bears

Cavy Slave
I thought I'd get it from my hubby when I added a pet goldfish for my three year old. She loves him and reads him books and blows him kisses every night before bed. (I help her feed him). My hubby just went in her room to see him and said he's a cute little fish.

He's always messing with my oldest daughters hermit crabs too (we have 5 of them). When the piggies were at our house, it was only a matter of days before he started going to see them as soon as he came home from work. And every night he'd take one of them to sit in his lazy boy with him while he watched tv.

Now my pigs are at my dads house with my sisters piggies and she says my dad does the same thing every night! He always says "get me a pig" and she brings him one and he bought a brush and sits there and brushes them while he watches tv. She says they love their time with "Dad." This from the man who thought it was insane to have four piggies in the house. But then he insisted that I build all four a 2 by 7 C&C cage when I brought mine over.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.