Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Introductions If I add...

SpicyPiggies

Cavy Slave
I've been searching around for a new female piggie to add to my current two (both female obvs). Should I bring my current two to the meet up to see how they interact? We had a terrible experience before and I am so scared it will happen again. How long of an interaction will give me some indicator if they all get along?

It depends on where you are getting your new guinea pig. If she's from a reputable rescue and has already been quarantined, you can take your pigs in for a meet and greet.

The rescues around me have WAITING LISTS. can you believe that?! i'll most likely get her from a family on craigslist.

Agreed with Lissie, if you choose a rescue they should let you bring your pigs in for a meet and greet. The rescue I went to did and she kept them together for a good hour while she went ahead and fed the rest of the pigs and I watched. Pretty boring for me I must say but it made me feel secure in my choice. I wouldn't recommend doing that with people off Craigslist as you don't know if those pigs are sick or whatnot, so you'd be taking a bit more of a risk there because if you like the pig you'd have to bring it home and quarantine it without knowing if your current pigs will get along with her. Where in California are you, SpicyPiggies?

Okay! Thanks. I'll have to think about it. I'm in Monterey. The closest shelter to me has a waiting list and the next closest one is 4 hours away - don't want to drive the guinea pigs so far away and stress them out.

Bummer!! I was so hoping you'd be closer to me! I'm down here near Pasadena and our rescue in Chatsworth is at capacity! She can't take anymore till some get adopted out =(

Oh man :(( I wish I could help. Can pigs be shipped?? Lol sorry of that's a horribly dumb question

Looking at the website in chatsworth right now. They are all so darling

I've talked to that shelter! I was going to wait till after the expo to see who really needs a home.

Oops, I didn't realized they have a waiting list. Have you try (broken link removed)?

I'm not sure if they'll be at Pet Expo or not.

They're a bit far away so I haven't yet! I am still researching a lot! Thank you!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.