Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Identification + How often to feed

FoolOnTheHill

Cavy Slave
I gave my piggies a couple of slices of something my dad grew in the garden but didn't want, it is basically like a cucumber but it's yellow and has bigger, wetter seeds in the middle. I think he called it an outside cucumber :confused: I gave them some as I figured it was basically the same as cucumber so would be okay.
Does anyone know what it's proper name is, and how often I can feed it? Thanks!

babybunny

Cavy Slave
Yellow Squash maybe? If yes, according to the charts stickied says, 2-4 times a week.

aqh88

Cavy Slave
Yellow zucchini? https://static.flickr.com/47/185846824_40610d230a_o.jpg Which is technically a type of squash. There's tons of yellow colored squashes. Although I don't see how there could be outside and inside cucumbers. lol Cucumbers are grown outdoors just like all the squashes.

Love4Piggers

Cavy Slave
I used to grow vegetables, and there are many different varieties of cucumber, most are green, though some are white, and some are yellow. There was a yellow variety I used to grow called a Lemon Cucumber, but they were more round-shaped than most cucumber types. And Lemon Cukes are an unusual heirloom, as I enjoyed growing heirloom veggies. Though they tasted just like a regular cucumber. I don't think there's such a thing as an outside cucumber, because as aqh88 said, they are all grown outdoors. Look at the squash photos that the people before me posted, perhaps it was some type of yellow squash.

Hope you figure out what it is!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.