Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Ideas for hamster names?

jessieisabel

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone - it's official, I'm getting a hamster! So I'm curious, what are some cute hamster names? I believe the hamster would be male, but I'm not entirely sure yet. I'll add a pic of the hamster the shelter recently had, but he may not be there anymore so who knows! The shelter currently has this one named as Hammy. Ideas so far are: Hamlet (because it starts with ham!) and Charlie :)

Hammy

LoveMyHerd

Cavy Slave
  • Acorn
  • Cheerio
  • Peanut
  • Pipsqueak
  • Pip
  • John
  • Muffy
  • Lolly
  • Sven
  • Olaf
(The Frozen names are in there because I like those names, not because I'm a crazy fanatic:))
Sorry! I can't think of any other names right now for some reason!

Svenandolaf

Cavy Slave
Aw Sven and Olaf are my piggies names ( the username lol) I like hamlet it's cute

jessieisabel

Cavy Slave
The shelter is unsure whether the hamster is male or female, so I guess I'll either choose a unisex name or figure out how to sex a hamster, haha

I like peanut though! I feel like it could work for either :)

jessieisabel

Cavy Slave
I've decided officially on Peanut! The papers have been signed, and adoption fee paid. We're going supply shopping tomorrow morning, and then we're going to pick Peanut up! I'll post pictures asap!

So excited!!!!!!! :D

labgirl5

Cavy Slave
Peanut is so cute! In case you didn't know, that is a Russian Campbell Dwarf Hamster. They are prone to diabetes, so you want to be careful not to feed them fruits or sugary store-bought treats. My hamster absolutely adores lettuce and other hamster-safe veggies, though! :)

jessieisabel

Cavy Slave
Peanut is so cute! In case you didn't know, that is a Russian Campbell Dwarf Hamster. They are prone to diabetes, so you want to be careful not to feed them fruits or sugary store-bought treats. My hamster absolutely adores lettuce and other hamster-safe veggies, though! :)

That's what I was thinking, thanks for confirming! The shelter doesn't know much about Peanut at all, it sounds like someone just dropped him/her off no questions asked. :(

Rywen

Cavy Slave
Peanut is adorable, congratulations!