Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Books IDEA! Please read this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dakotaw

Cavy Slave
I think that all the knowledgeable members on here should team up and write a book about guinea pig care, housing, etc. We could have it published through Blurb.com or some other "Publish it Yourself" website! Maybe we could sell it at Petco and use the money to support rescues! Also, we could create a fact sheet and convince pet stores to give them out! What do you guys think?

That's a great idea!!! I'd love to help!:)

That's a great idea!!! I'd love to help!:)

Great! Keep checking back to see if anyone else will join our crusade! :D Would you like to write a paragraph or a chapter or something?

Sure, I'll start working on it!!!:)

I don't think that's such a good idea. You should PM Cavyspirit and see what she says before you get too excited about such a project.

I don't think that's such a good idea. You should PM Cavyspirit and see what she says before you get too excited about such a project.

What do you mean? :expressio

Nice idea, but no, for a lot of reasons. Thread closed.

Here are a few of the reasons why we won't be doing this here.

- If you have some *new* data point on care that is supported by either a published scientific paper, OR you have multiple years of experience with hundreds of cavies, please do share this new information with the group. We would all love to read about it.

- I've written a mountain of ORIGINAL content both here and on my other sites. It gets tiring when person after person after person copies it, changes a few words and republishes it as their own. I have so many provable cases of this it's not even funny.

- There are already good easy care sheets available as well as simple ebooks that cover the basics if you want one. There is a nice one written by Nikki available on Lulu for only $5: https://www.guineapigzone.com/compo...-cavy-savvy-101-a-guinea-pig-caretaking-guide. Proceeds benefit her rescue.

- I'm working on my own comprehensive new books, part of which have already been written, but I have more work to do. Some of it is very deep and new interesting research--which will result in new and fresh content.

- I'm working some major changes to my sites as well as a new content management strategy which will make it easier for people to comment on the existing content as well as some experts being able to contribute more.

- I'm not a fan of writing by committee.

So, there you have it. Sorry if it's an unpopular decision.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.