Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

I want to KILL these people! You HAVE to see this!

Myspoiltpiggies

Cavy Slave
I don't see a problem. I see a guinea pig getting a bath. I hear a kid laughing, no crying cavy, just a patient guinea pig.
Did you not see how they were holding him single-handedly, making his spine bend? Watch it again and pause it after 1 minute, 11 seconds.

cavy-cool-crazy

Cavy Slave
Guys, that is a KID squealing. not the pig. Almost 20 years of owning cavies, I know the difference between a child and a guinea pig noise.

Wow, that kid makes the most incredible guinea pig noises then.

Twisting, turning and tipping the pig unsupported, just a hand gripped around it's ribs, is an improper and unsafe way to hold a pig.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
That video is far from the most horrible thing ever seen. The first part isn't so bad, she's holding the guinea pig with both hands the majority of the time but she is a bit rough with the washing. Looks as if she's using baby shampoo which is bad. When it comes to the rinsing part though, there are some problems, such as how she holds the pig while using the sprayer. The pig did squeal for a few seconds near the end of the video when it was trying to get away.

Fay

Cavy Slave
I know it's not the most horrible video ever but the most horrible I personally seen when it comes to handling a pig. At first it wasn't too bad either, rather rough but then she just starts shaking and squeezing the pig and spraying pressured water close up and pretty much on it's face and the pig is terrified and clearly in discomfort and all they can do is stand there and laugh about it. It just comes across evil and careless to me.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
What I saw when I watched is someone that clearly doesn't know how to properly bathe a cavy.

When I think of horrible or evil, that would be doing physical harm to our furry little friends. I just think these people in the video need to be taught how to properly hold and bathe their cavy.

Fay

Cavy Slave
just think these people in the video need to be taught how to properly hold and bathe their cavy.

True to that! I just hope the reactions on Youtube made them rethink and do some research into how to bathe a pig but I doubt they will!

Luvmyboarz

Cavy Slave
I just bathed my own pigs last night and I was wincing when I saw them spray the poor thing in the face! I just soap and rinse them up to the neck and no farther. Also, the way the pig was twisting, I was afraid for its spine! Gps are NOT one-handhold animals!

OreosMum

Cavy Slave
There are so many horrible videos about guinea pigs on YouTube, it makes me want to cry :weepy:. This one is awful as well as one I saw of a guinea pig on a trampoline and another in one of those rolling balls meant for hamsters. What are people thinking? Do they have no respect for living animals?

PIGGIN AROUND

Cavy Slave
Well to begin with pigs don't like baths, so the quicker you can clean them the happier they will be. All I saw was that he was a little rough, but Im sure that pig hated the water more than the man handling him.

Jenni_Feathers

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
That was horrible, they were treating him like a stuffed animal and laughing in his pain, it even looked like they were washing him with dish soap!

seagirl96

Cavy Slave
Actually, I believe it was Johnson's baby shampoo which I find too harsh to use on a child.

MCR_Rox

Cavy Slave
Actually, I believe it was Johnson's baby shampoo which I find too harsh to use on a child.

I'm pretty sure that stuff is tested on animals, too. :(

pink piggy lips

Cavy Slave
The guinea pig does squeal. At 32 seconds into it, and then at 1 minute 11 seconds. Listen closely (to those who don't believe), you can tell the difference.

They were handling him way too rough. And I felt bad about all the water running into his eyes and ears. Whenever you bathe a piggie, you shouldn't let water get into their ears, not to mention all the soap/shampoo running into his eyes.

In a way, I'm glad he didn't bite them. I shudder to think how they might have reacted.

MCR_Rox

Cavy Slave
I wish the way they handled him was against the law.

warcarrot

Cavy Slave
that was very mean. but a lot of worse things happen to animals too.

tweetybird82569

Cavy Slave
Contact PETA, after PETA gets through with them they will wish they were dead.

lynn's Cavies

Cavy Slave
Woah, I think wanting to kill these people is too harsh. They are ignorant about how to bathe a guinea pig and they were a bit rough, but I think it is getting blown out of proportion. I do think they love their guinea pig but are definitley ignorant.

Dark Rosaleen

Cavy Slave
Poor pig, I hope that the owners will be gentler in the future.

I also hope that I never come across another post that has a person stating that they want to kill someone. I understand the anger, but the words are a bit harsh.

GEMMACOOPS

Cavy Slave
I agree that it was a little rough but at least he was getting a bath. I bet some guinea pigs are in a worse condition than he was.