Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece I want to get fleece bedding and have some questions!

Ankitpiggiefan

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone! I am looking for an alternative to wood shavings as a bedding for my piggies. I've been looking into fleece mattresses ? Are they good and hold long do they last? Can i keep cleaning them repeatedly or do they need to be replaced. I'm planning on buying 4 (2 per cage). Is it expensive to maintain? And lastly, where can I buy them and for how much?

Thanks.

missguineaginns

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone! I am looking for an alternative to wood shavings as a bedding for my piggies. I've been looking into fleece mattresses ? Are they good and hold long do they last? Can i keep cleaning them repeatedly or do they need to be replaced. I'm planning on buying 4 (2 per cage). Is it expensive to maintain? And lastly, where can I buy them and for how much?

Thanks.

Fleece is an amazing alternative! You can get fancy and use flippers, an actual sewed liner, or just use fleece with an absorbent layer (towels or uhaul )underneath. I've used all three and the best in my opinion is the fleece liner. It's fleece on both sides with uhaul blankets sewed in between it. You do have to prewash so that everything wicks properly. I had my liners made for me but I did make my own fleece flippers years ago. Fleece is great because it usually lasts for a long time and you can just throw it in the washing machine. It is much cheaper than using wood or paper bedding and the piggies like it better! (It seems to me.) It lasts for at least a good year (mine have) and doesn't require any special maintenance. You can always skim through the cage picture thread and see how people have used it in so many different ways. Good luck!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.