Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior I think they can smile!

Gforcepiggies

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I believe that Guinea Pigs can smile when they really want to! Maybe when they get their favorite veggie, or loads of hay, or a snuggle with their parents, or maybe.....

WHEN THEY GET A NEW HAMMOCK!!!!

[GuineaPigCages.com] I think they can smile!

I also think they smile. :)

That is so cute! Almost looks like she is smug. lol

That is so sweet! She/he does look happy!

He loves his new hammock so much.... I am going to make him another!

Aw how adorable! I would be worried to give mine a hammock because they would probably jump off of it lol I love the little smile though it is precious!

Is there a secret I am unaware of? My boys will not make use of a hammock.

Some guinea pigs just won't use a hammock. Your pigs may be one of them.

However, if you want to keep encouraging them to use the hammock, try hanging it very low to the ground (so they can almost walk onto it). Also, putting small pieces of their favorite veggies on it helps.

Some guinea pigs just won't use a hammock. Your pigs may be one of them.

However, if you want to keep encouraging them to use the hammock, try hanging it very low to the ground (so they can almost walk onto it). Also, putting small pieces of their favorite veggies on it helps.

That's exactly what I was going to say. When Darwynn gets in it, he just kinda is on the ground. It was very low at first, and I tightened up the zip ties to make it higher after a day or so. They still love it!!!!

I love those types of pictures !~!!!! it would be so cute if we turned this thread into a smiling pig thread. who else thinks this would be a good idea.

Awww! That is too sweet.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.