Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Vegetables I Think the Girls Have Made Me Deaf…

YourSoJelly

Cavy Slave
This is pathetic! :D The girls are making me go deaf! When I had just Nala and Pumpkin, the noise wasn't all that bad. Now that I have Sarabi, its SO LOUD!!! Sarabi already wheeks SUPER loud, but when you factor in the other two, oh boy… Even when I feed them, they wheek…when they eat. It doesn't really bug me(I think its adorable), but is there anyway to lower their voices? lol Girls, use your INSIDE voices!

clb89

Cavy Slave
Invest into ear plugs for you, family, and neighbors lol

soccerchickgrp5

Cavy Star, Video Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Looks like you have your hands full mate!!! :) too adorable

Aertyn

Cavy Gazer
I've got 8 pigs atm (2 are mine, 1 is a foster who came in heavily pregnant and she had 5 beautiful babies). My god...the NOISE! All of them are wheekers, and my mum thinks I encouraged them by naming them after people in the music industry. I've got Bowie (David), Ziggy (Stardust), Bach (Sebastian from Skid Row), Mahalia (Barnes, actually for the first week I thought she was a he so we had nicknamed her Jimmy because she's so loud!) and Chrissie (Amphlet). It's insane...at some stage I have to take a video of them all in full voice.

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
Isn't it fun? My girls wheel whenever they think I'm within earshot, lest I forget the poor, starving guinea pigs who need more veggies hourly to survive.

CookiesMom

Cavy Slave
I have one who rarey Wheek, and one who only weeks for food. However, I have a baby who WHEEKS!!!!!! She is so loud, I sometimes worry the neighbors will complain.

Hhbean

Cavy Slave
Feeding time around here can freak out the unknowing! We have 10 piggies and I do believe they know how to tell time! I had a friend visiting at dinner time and all of a sudden....WHEEKKKKEEEeeeeee from 10 piggies and my friend thought something was wrong with them! She was a little taken aback by their antics and was hesitant to help feed them because they were acting like wild beasts! I really should try to get a video of them doing it because they are just to silly!

SheWolfSilver

Cavy Slave
LOL I'm lucky! I only have one that is a really loud wheeker the other one is pretty quiet! My son thinks I should change her name from Sookie to Squeakers

CallieLovesPigs

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
LOL, at night, my pigs will wheek and wheek and wheek! It sounds like a little scream! I will be all in bed, all comfy, half asleep, and then there they go! And they won't stop until I get uo and give them some food :p

MochaAndMoo

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I have actually had neighbors complain about the noise, when I told them it was three little guinea pigs making the racket, they looked very confused!

Lishar

Cavy Slave
I am pretty glad we live on a 100 acr farm away from houses xD

Artista

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Mine has basically quit wheeking. :( She knows the timing of her goodies and has never been disappointed so she just patiently waits in her pigloo knowing any minute it's chow time! Maybe if I'm taking too long I may hear a soft wheek but she is so quiet that sometimes I "forget" she's right next to me!

koalamissy

Cavy Slave
OMGoodness, I had no idea they could be that loud. That's just too funny!

jenwillis212

Cavy Slave
I have 5 piggies and all of them are loud. Even the babies get all excited when it is time to eat. I can get a bag of chips out for myself and hear all of them wheeking and carrying on. I love feeding time when they get all worked up! You would think the poor things never get to eat.