Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Sick I think Oreo might be sick

mommabug16

Cavy Slave
She has been sneezing occasionally and my daughter was holding her and said she sneezed and blew a bubble out her nose. She is still eating and drinking good. Any advice? worried

Yep, vet. Sounds like the beginning of an URI. Keep track of any other symptoms and how often she's sneezing so you can give them as complete a history as possible.

will she be okay til they open on monday? its saturday night. i know uri's can be dangerous. And what about snickers will she need to go too?

will she be okay til they open on monday? its saturday night. i know uri's can be dangerous. And what about snickers will she need to go too?
Is her breathing labored? Does she wheeze?
If she is, time to see a vet.

If all she's doing is sneezing snot bubbles, I'd just watch her very carefully -- maybe check on her once during the night. If she gets worse, you can hunt up an ER vet and cross your fingers that they have a clue what to do with her. If she's stable, you can wait until Monday.

I have to admit to a bias against ER vets. I haven't had any experience with one with guinea pigs, but two bad experiences with dogs. Same ER clinic, different vets, different dogs, different problems, both mistreated (medically, not abused) according to the dogs' regular vets. If I can hold off for a regular appointment with a vet I trust, I'll always do that.

havent noticed anything else yet. I told my daughter to keep a close eye on her while i am at work tomnorrow and call me right away if there is a problem

Keep her nice and warm around 75 deg, okay? Guinea pigs cannot regulate their body temp when they are sick.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.