Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

I think my new cavy is pregnant???

JennG

Cavy Slave
I recently adopted three girl cavies from the local Humane Society. I started a thread a few days ago regarding my white one, Snowball. She has some thinning fur and a few bald spots towards the back end of her body. Alot of people suggested she has mites. She's been w/ two other girls (I've checked and rechecked and rechecked and rechecked--they're all girls) Anyways, when I was grooming Snowball today, she felt "lumpier" than yesterday. She does seem to be getting bigger in the back end. I'm alittle nervous. I'm new to owning cavies and don't know what to do. I really don't think I can handle anymore cavies but I don't plan on giving her back. Does anyone know what to look for in a pregnant sow? One of my other girls, Angel who is blind, is fat. There are no "bumps" in her belly. She's just fat all over. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

I answered the question on the other thread we were talking on.

Thanks. I thought I should move it out of the cage area. I'm new to this and I'm not sure what I can or can't do. I assume that someone will tell me if I do something wrong. :)

I understand why you made the new thread, I didn't see it until after I had already answered the other one though. It's fine you made a new thread.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.