Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

I suspect my guinea pig is pregnant

D

dewdroppony

I suspect my guinea pig is pregnant

I got two guinea pigs this week. Both females. From two different stores. I suspect they are both pregnant. One is younger than the other. The younger one seems to be farther along in her pregnance. I named her peanut. How do I tell when she'll give birth? I've read alot of cavy pregnance from good sources so I'm glad that I was the one to buy them instead of someone who knows nothing about them. I'm estimating she is about two weeks to two and a half weeks into her pregnance, peanut, but I'm not sure since I didn't witness the mating. Although I wasn't perposely looking for pregnant cavies to buy I am still very glad I have them. They provide very good company to me and eachother.

? preg pigs

Hi Dew :)

I see that noone's replied to your post so I thought I'd send you a note :) How are you going? any further signs of their possible pregnancies? you should keep an eye on them for up to the first 72 days after you get them home as I've heard this is the longest length quoted for a cavy pregnancy.

Here's some more info you can read:
(broken link removed)

Shell, Cailin, Chet, Clair, Cooper, Dylan, Callie, & Janie :)

Breeding and Showing of guinea pig's isn't welcome at this board. But since you already have two pregnant guinea pig's, make sure you feed them lots of Alfalfa hay and fruits and veggies for Vitamin C. Once the babies are born, continue feeding them and their mothers Alfalfa hay. Good luck.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.