Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pellets I need some help.

Jakek

Cavy Slave
Well, my local petsmart usually has oxbow pellets for adult guinea pigs.
Theyre out of stock, but some should be in this weekend. So my mom got some carefresh complete. Can you check out the ingredients for me?
(broken link removed)
I am out of pellets so this is all I have. Would it be ok to use this until Sunday or would it be better for her to take it back and get the oxbow pellets for young guinea pigs and use it until I run out of it? They told her that because it is not the food we wanted we can take it back even if it has been open. Thanks for your help.

I am not an expert, but I have heard of some people giving their piggies a pellet free diet.
I would think if they are getting their daily allotment of veggies, getting some veggies with their daily dose of vitamin c, and have plenty of good quality hay - they would be ok without pellets for 2 days.

But I am sure some more experienced folks will chime in.

Good luck :)

They get plenty of veggies and kleenmamas timothy hay. I was wondering if they would be ok without pellets because arent pellets almost like a "supplement"?

Last edited:
They'll be ok without pellets for a couple of days. I'd let them go without rather than buy the Carefresh stuff.

Ok Ill wait. Thanks.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.