Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

I need help..

NSPiggy

Cavy Slave
I need some ideas for a hutch, I have to keep them outside due to my moms allergies ( but on the cold nights I can bring them in). Can someone give me some tips on how to make a "wheather proof" hutch?
Thanks

Are you sure your mom is allergic to the guinea pigs and not the hay or woodshavings? Because there are alternatives for those other than keeping them outside.

Yeah, she is allergic to all animals.. What are the other alternatives?

You could use fleece or newspapaer for bedding. I dont know about hay alternatives though.

Bermuda ( I think, brain isn't working to well right now) hay tends to be better for people with allergies. Do a forum search to find out if that is really it. It could be orchard. Wow, I hate when I forget stuff.

Seriously , i'm starting to think that everyone here sees a free run as a dark place where tempreratures go to -35 degrees within 30 secs , and with predators around every corner waiting for a tasty snack , wich you can't protect your guinezapigs from
this is real life , wake up!

I am not totally agaisn't keeping pigs outside but this is a site dedicated(sp?) to INDOOR guinea pigs!!

dagwellismypigy said:
Bermuda ( I think, brain isn't working to well right now) hay tends to be better for people with allergies. Do a forum search to find out if that is really it. It could be orchard. Wow, I hate when I forget stuff.

It's bluegrass or blue orchard grass that is good for people who suffer with allergies to timothy to give their pigs. It's much less dusty and is tolerated better. Kleenmama has some of the best blue orchard grass in the world. (broken link removed)

I was close, I knew it started with a 'B' . Thanks Ly!

• Post hidden due to user being banned.
Louis said:
Wow was I really ready that I must of been dreaming. By the way when guinea pigs where first dropped on this earth, They did not have have owners to take care of them. My guinea pigs are outdoor all year and the coldest it gets about here is 5 degress. And when i am in my bed thinking, hmmm should i put them inside for tonight , I think naa i cant be bothered getting up they will make it though the night. See how easy it is

This is the kind of crap he says that makes me happy to know he's banned

Rachy1412 said:
I am not totally agaisn't keeping pigs outside but this is a site dedicated(sp?) to INDOOR guinea pigs!!

True , but this is an outdoor enviroment subforum. The only reason why i'm here is to help people with building a safe outdoor enviroment ( Of course , the safety measures depend from country to country. Here in belguim for example , I don'tv have to worry about snakes and eagles but only about cats)

We should put Louis in 5 degrees with clothes on and no blanket and make him stay out the entire night...

And not only that all guinea pigs that are wild lives in a warmer climate like south america.

RubyPiggie2 said:
We should put Louis in 5 degrees with clothes on and no blanket and make him stay out the entire night...

Please stop acting the animal rights activist. Louis is banned , end of story

Did you bother reading the rules yourself, glitter? This forum DOES NOT advocate housing guinea pigs outdoors. The fact is, keeping guinea pigs outdoors CAN lower their life expectancy. End of story.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.