Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

I might have found a new piggie!

emeraldamykate

Cavy Slave
So I was checking on Craigslist as I've been doing for the past week or so, and right at the top of the page is a listing for a male guinea pig! I want to contact them for more info, but I'm not sure exactly what I should ask. Any ideas? :)

Most importantly I would make sure it really is a boy. Don't just take their word for it. Other then that finding out his age and any medical history would be good.

I'd want to know if they've had him since he was a baby or if he is on a second or third home.

Add: If you decide to get him, then I would ask more questions like his current diet, favorite chew toys, favorite veggies...stuff like that. But that's only assuming they take as good of care of their piggy as most of the people on this site. :)

Last edited:
Thank you!

Here is the ad- (broken link removed)

According to them he is only six weeks old, about the same as my George. So I would assume this is his first home. It doesn't seem like a breeder at all, seeing as they only have the one, and they are willing to sell the cage.

They have a picture of his food, which doesn't look good. But I'd be switching to Oxbow.

You're right though, I think the biggest thing is making sure he even is a boy before getting too excited. He's just so adorable!

I'm going to wait a few hours and call him at about five, just in case he is working or something.

So I'm still open to more suggestions! Eek! I'm so excited! :eek:

Oh wow he is super cute!! Good luck :D

I am sure you are!! I would go ahead and call him. Worst comes to worst you can leave a voice message.

I am sure you are!! I would go ahead and call him. Worst comes to worst you can leave a voice message.

True! I guess I'll go ahead and give him a call! I know it's a cell phone because he said people could text him, so he has a voice mail! Wow, I'm way over thinking this. :D

I'm just really excited!

Well? He's really cute, I hope you get him!

Well? He's really cute, I hope you get him!

Thank you so much! I hope so, too!

I made the phone call and I got no answer. Now I'm anxiously awaiting a call back.

In the mean time I'll bake some good luck muffins! :D

haha that sounds like a good idea!

Oh, he is a sweetie! I hope you end up getting him! Let us know and of course we would need pigtures of George and him together:crazy:!

I'm still waiting for a phone call back. If he doesn't call back by the time my mom gets home, she'll go ahead and give him a call from her phone. I might be a little bit crazy and stalkerish, I'm just really excited!

My mom seems to think they *might* be long lost brothers. I showed her the picture and she thought he looked a lot like George. They're also the same age. I really wonder where he got his little guy. It would be crazy if we got them both at the same place and they are brothers! :eye-poppi

He's adorable :) That would be really weird if they ended up being related!

If they force you to buy that tiny cage, you can use it for vet visits or something

If they force you to buy that tiny cage, you can use it for vet visits or something

I was planning on getting it and using it for quarantine. Would this be a bad idea? :eye-poppi

Oh, and I still haven't heard anything back. :/

Okay, so I decided to give them another call, and I got an answer.
Unfortunately she has someone coming to look at him tonight. But if they don't take him, she is going to give me a call back. I am so bummed, but at least there is still a little hope. I mean, even if that little guy isn't for me, at least he has a home! The right pig is still out there for me somewhere and I will find him!

Oh, and I also found out he isn't George's long lost brother. Apparently her friend thought she had two boys, and whoops! Surprise pregnancy.

I just got another call from her saying that the other people backed out!
If she still has him on Friday, which is when I'd be able to go get him, he's mine!
I still think it's a tad rude that she isn't agreeing to hold him for me.
She also didn't ask me any questions about how I am going to care for him.
Kind of irks me a little, but oh well. I'm so excited! I really hope this works out!

Not really rude, f you think about it: I've sold lots of stuff, both on Craigslist and a model horse site and have had many, many people swear up and down they wanted it, yet never show up....drives you CRAZY!

But hopefully you can get your new PIggy soon! No way you can go earlier?

Not really rude, f you think about it: I've sold lots of stuff, both on Craigslist and a model horse site and have had many, many people swear up and down they wanted it, yet never show up....drives you CRAZY!

But hopefully you can get your new PIggy soon! No way you can go earlier?

I guess I didn't really think of it that way. They did have someone cancel on them already. But I told them if they kept him until Friday I would definitely take him!

There really isn't any way I could go sooner unless I go by myself, which I don't really feel comfortable with. :sad:

I hope you get him!!!:)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.