Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Sad I may have to rehome my girls........

My second pregnancy was high risk, too.............careful caring for them and my daughter. I had a babysitter who lived in our neighborhood. I switched to part time, second shift when my son was in first grade to save on the babysitter costs. I understand how expensive it can be.

Yikes. Yeah, they have no idea what caused mine. The babies were healthy and suddenly I lost them. We had every test they could think of ran, but they couldn't figure it out. With my daughter I wasn't allowed on my feet longer than running to the bathroom or grabbing a bite to eat. If I walked/sat up longer than 10-15 minutes I started having contractions and had to be hospitalized to stop them. :( Even when I went to the doctor I had to lay down once I got in. :( I was not allowed to work period. And as many times as I had to be hospitalized and had to go to the doctor twice a week for the majority of my pregnancy no job would have kept me anyways. I have to do what's best for my baby. If I started working, not that its possible anyways, and I lost the baby I would never forgive myself.

Glad your son is okay. :)

I hope everything works out.my offer still stands.even if you just need help. Pm me if you want to talk about anything
Sorry, I didn't even see your post. Thank you, I will think about it. :) I appreciate it.

Yikes. Yeah, they have no idea what caused mine. The babies were healthy and suddenly I lost them. We had every test they could think of ran, but they couldn't figure it out. With my daughter I wasn't allowed on my feet longer than running to the bathroom or grabbing a bite to eat. If I walked/sat up longer than 10-15 minutes I started having contractions and had to be hospitalized to stop them. :( Even when I went to the doctor I had to lay down once I got in. :( I was not allowed to work period. And as many times as I had to be hospitalized and had to go to the doctor twice a week for the majority of my pregnancy no job would have kept me anyways. I have to do what's best for my baby. If I started working, not that its possible anyways, and I lost the baby I would never forgive myself.

Glad your son is okay. :)

Ask your doctor to test you for the anti-cardiolipin antibody. My first pregnancy was a breeze but made future pregnancies risky. There's 4 years between my son and daughter and I suspected I had miscarriages after her but didn't know for certain. I did a pregnancy test at 8 weeks with my son since I thought I was pregnant so I knew I was. Once again, I had heavy bleeding and cramping so I called my doctor right away. My son ended up being 5 weeks early but was 5 lbs 14 oz so he was a good size. There are better meds to treat for the anti-cardiolipin antibody today so you should look into it in case that's what is causing your problems. My ob-gyn said most doctors wouldn't have known about it since it's something a rheumatologist screens for. Since I had the autoimmune disorder, my ob-gyn was in consultation with a rheumatologist during my pregnancy.

Ever considered going on TV? Some of those HGTV/TLC home programs will come out anf fix major issues that contractors previously screwed up badly. Its not going to hurt or cost anything to take a look at their websites and fill out some apps and maybe make a vid.

Also there might be a local church or county program that could help out with the repairs as well. Use your resources too. Some states have different limits, requirements for food and cash help but it wouldn't hurt to talk to a social worker to see if you could even get SOME help. BE PERSISTANT!!! Do you have a WIC program? Since you are preg and your daughter is young you might be able to get help. They have a high income guidelines. You can look them up online too. You can get food and HH stuff at local food shelves, churches and such. These programs are here for families in need not just people who lost everything. Does your county have a head start/preschool program? If she is only 2 then I doubt she would go to school by herself but a class where you go too and get some parenting advice and she gets to play with other kids would really be helpful. I know I loved doing that with my 2 boys since they were babies. My youngest turned 3 in Aug and he is now in preschool 4 half days a week and my oldest started kindergarden, 4 full days a week, this year. So I have 4 hours to myself every morning to do my physical theripy and shopping...etc. And the boys are getting time to go outside and play with kids their ages. Since we started this their behaviour has been much better. When they dont have school for a long time they get unruly because they are board. I was high risk pregnancy too for both but for different reasons. I was 100lbs both times I got preg and I was violently ill for the entirety of both pregnancies no amount of nausia meds helped. I was 112lbs when I delivered my oldest and 128lbs when I delivered my youngest. So I was on strict bedrest. O also some state medical programs will pick up co pays and uninsured expenses that are not covered by your husbands medical. Also you can call up your student loans and see if you can get them waived and/or reduced for some time. Same with the medical expenses. Some hospitals have programs for people in need and they might be willing to reduce your payments until you are able to go back to work. If there is a will there is a way. Right now (no offence) it seems like you are freaking out and have given up on getting some of these things delt with. Also look into energy assistance programs to help with your heating expenses. Sounds like you way over extended yourself like so many other american family. I hate to say it but it sounds like something might have to go... Can you cut anything at all out? O do you know about freecycle.org and craigslist to sell stuff and get stuff?

He makes "too much" for any kind of assistance. We only have one car, it was paid off years ago. We use skype for a phone, and the only thing besides water and energy we pay for is internet and that cannot be turned off because DH needs that for his work. We do not have cable, do not buy things we do not need to survive, my clothes have holes in them, but I just patch them and keep going. When I have to buy my daughter clothes we rarely spend more that $5 on one item thanks to sales combined with coupons. We only buy her things she actually needs. She never does without, I would sell a kidney before she went without.

Around here, our house payment and all that goes with it is cheaper than JUST the rent for a tiny crappy apartment which is why we moved. We were doing fine until DH's car needed work, which took some of our emergency savings, and then we had the pipe issue and had to pay three different companies to come out to "fix" it. $300 each time.

Literally the only thing that can go is the pigs. We have nothing to get rid of. Before we moved we donated a crap ton of stuff just to get rid of it. Books, clothes, old stuff we didn't use, all donated. But NONE of that stuff would have made any amount of money. The only electronic we have besides the old tv that is broken which was a gift (Doesn't matter since we don't have cable) is my husband's computer. Again, he has to have that because he teaches online and it was paid off long ago and is so old we wouldn't get crap for it. There is NOTHING besides the pigs that can go.

We do not eat out. We do not go places. We do not spend money like crazy. There is nothing that can be cut. We do not live beyond our means, we've just had one crappy situation after another that involved large amounts of money. We are actually very tight with money and tend to plan everything out. We had savings but two issues with DH's car back to back and the pipe right after took all that but around $100. We only got to celebrate my daughter's birthday and Christmas (The pipe issues started right before her birthday in December. She is the only one who gets things for Christmas as we could care less about getting gifts.) because we bought those items throughout the year, on sale and with coupons. She got six gifts total. Three for her birthday and three for Christmas. Anything else she got came from family and friends.

There is NOTHING. And I seriously wish people would understand that. I understand people think they are helping, but THERE IS NOTHING SO PLEASE STOP SUGGESTING THINGS! All it does is add more stress when I have to repeat myself over and over. We have done EVERYTHING we can. I know people think its harsh to rehome them, but honestly, my daughter will ALWAYS come before others. Its not like I am sending them to a mill or to be snake food. I plan to find someone loving that has knowledge of piggies that will take very good care of them and not mistreat them.

Again, thanks for all the help. But I think I am done here.

I'm sorry your having such a hard time with the whole situation. I hope you figure out what is best for you.I'm sure if you have to rehome your girls you will make sure they have a wonderful home. I'm sure you would only consider it if it was your last option. Best of luck.let me know if I can help

Yikes! I think you need to step back. I wasn't saying that you SHOULDN'T get rid of the piggies. We don't know your situation and are trying to get info so we can GIVE you some resources. You can use food shelves no matter your income. You can use clothing closets too for yourself, your little one and the baby. Call all the local catholic churces they often times have resources or can point you to one that does. You don't even have to be their religion to get assistance. Some planned parenthoods are really good and have parenting classes that you can do in exchange for a bunch of things like diapers, clothes and what not. Also many social programs increased their income guidelines this year in Jan so unless you checked in the last 3 weeks you might be elidgable??? I'm trying to give you resources so you and your husband can eat something healthier and so your kids have clothes and such. I'm not commenting because I want to tick you off with non sence. I've been there and done that.

I'm in a not so great city too with limited resources. Have you considered getting disability. I just recently got on it and I got it the first time. I hired a lawyer in the nearest city which is 60 miles away (I dont own a vehicle) and they mailed all the paperwork and I mailed it back. It took 9 months from the time I called them to the time I got my back payment. The laywer charged nothing upfront and only took 20% of the back pay. So they got about $1000 and I got a little over 4000 in back pay. But since I'm on SSI not disability because I have not been able to work enough because of it I don't get much. But that $600 a month really make a difference. I got my back pay in 2 lump sums 6 months apart which was Dec and will be in June. So if you can find a decent reputable lawyer I would try. I'm sure with so many health issues that you could qualify. Don't feel too proud to take the help. When you get healthy and back on your feet you can donate anything back to them.

Also one last thing (broken link removed) they arn't too terribly helpful with large amounts of cash but maybe you could get a few clothes for yourself and your daughter??? Maybe a gift card? But do make sure you tell them you already checked WIC and other social programs because they always point you to local recources first.

You need a hug. A big warm hug. It's ok. It's hard now but it wont be hard forever. *hugs*

Take care of your babies and yourself. That is truly what is most important.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.