Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Chat I live in a zoo

RodentsRus

Cavy Star, Video Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
cool a dwarf hamster.. would love to see it's pic. Hope it's ok here.

Ibbet

Cavy Slave
I have two Guinea Pigs (Daggett and Norbert), two Gerbils (Tokka and Rahzar), a Rabbit (Kiwi), a Crested Gecko (Mondo), a Chinese Water Dragon (Reptar), 5 Betta fish (Frankenstein, Krueger, Voorhees, Pennywise and Pinhead), 3 Hermit Crabs (Ramirez, Triton and Sebastian), a Black-Backed Land Crab (Krang) and a dog (Bella). We are hoping to get a Leopard Gecko soon as well. We are also fostering a dog right now (Lyka) but she goes to her forever home Saturday! YAY! This past year we have fostered two other dogs, sugar gliders, a kitten, a snake and numerous other little critters. So at any time I could have my 17 or up to 19-20. We live in an apartment and are short on space but we make sure everybody gets adequate homes and good lives. We wont sacrifice their comfort to get more or anything and will move our own stuff to accommodate them. Luckily, I am a stay at home wife so I have plenty of time to devote. I love living in a zoo! I wouldn't have it any other way. :)

ClemmyOddieIndy

Cavy Slave
Yes, I totally understand. I have 40 horses, 8 dogs, 3 guinea pigs, a 20 g tank with what feels like a million platys (not intentional), and 6 betta fish at the moment (which is about 1/2 my normal amount). I also have a cat. I really want some goats and a pot bellied pig.. but alas at the moment those are just dreams.

Rembaud

Cavy Slave
Yes, I totally understand. I have 40 horses, 8 dogs, 3 guinea pigs, a 20 g tank with what feels like a million platys (not intentional), and 6 betta fish at the moment (which is about 1/2 my normal amount). I also have a cat. I really want some goats and a pot bellied pig.. but alas at the moment those are just dreams.
Wow! Quite the zoo you have :) I would love to have as many animals as you some day (except the 40 horses... lol). In my dreams, my farm will have lots of goats :)

Guineas Galore

Cavy Quiet
Cavy Gazer
At the moment I have 12 Guinea Pigs, 1 cat, 2 betta fish, 2 goldfish, a tank of tropical fish, 2 miniature horses, a chicken and a little brother. XD

BigBossPants

Cavy Slave
I feel your pain. We have 4 guineas, 3 mice, 4 cats, 2 dogs, 2 turtles and a flightless pigeon. Until recently we also had up to 6 fish tanks, the largest of which was 6 feet long. All in an 80 square meter house!

Guinepig

Cavy Slave
I have three guinea pigs and it smells really gross in my room now but I have learned to live with it. I also have a dwarf hamster that I will be moving to my room in the winter. He has to live in the living room because of the recent carpenter ant episode

CavyLover94

Cavy Slave
...I think I win. :p

I have 1 snake, 6 dogs, 6 cats, 16 cavies, 24 rabbits, 30 chickens, 4 goats, and 346 sheep(2 ewes left over from my high school FFA days and 344 dairy sheep).

And I'm a college student majoring in Animal science. Right now is relatively easy, but come lambing season in spring, I REALLY don't sleep. :p And it's not uncommon for me to go to classes with an orphan newborn lamb in my book bag.

CavyLover94

Cavy Slave
Or sometimes I show up to classes late or not at all because I'm literally up to my elbow inside a sheep's uterus trying to reposition a lamb. :D Livin' the good life.

Rabbit_Lover

Cavy Slave
I have 2 ferrets, 4 dogs, 2 horses, 30 chickens, 11 rabbits, 2 pigs, a goat, 1 cow, and two cats. I understand. Parents often will make appointments with me to bring there kids over to see my animals,

Lizzieball12

Cavy Slave
I have 2 ferrets, 4 dogs, 2 horses, 30 chickens, 11 rabbits, 2 pigs, a goat, 1 cow, and two cats. I understand. Parents often will make appointments with me to bring there kids over to see my animals,

Lol, that's hilarious! My boyfriend and I were thinking about opening a petting zoo, but the only one who doesn't care about weird people is Snickers.