Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

I have piggies but...

FanGirl

Cavy Slave
This is in refrence to my brother's mouse. He had 2 mice (sisters) but had to put one to sleep on Monday because she had cancer and was in pain. He didn't want her to suffer. The other mouse is just fine (vet checked her just to make sure). What can he do for the other mouse now that it is alone. Mom doesn't want anymore animals in the house. Do you guys know of any mouse related sites or hae any advise yourselves. I know that many cavy lovers also have other small furries so I thought that you might know what to do. Thank you.

CavyCrazyMom

Cavy Slave
I think she will be fine! That's the thing with mice and rats, they are ok by themselves, but of course they love it when they have friends! You can always try petfinder.com and see if there are any in your area to adopt. Or you can save a life and get a 'feeder' from the petstore. They make great pets. I have had many that were doomed! lol

And that's awsome that you guys put her to sleep...most people wouldn't do that. They would let her suffer. I had a rat that I had to do that to because she had cancer in her eye...it killed me when I had to put her down. I was depressed for weeks and my boyfriend laughed at me because I went to his house crying...jerk. Anyway...I think it'll be fine if she's by herself, but if you can, I would get her a friend.

And here's a link to a rat and mouse club!

https://www.rmca.org/Rescue/

RubyPiggie2

Cavy Slave
Or you can save a life and get a 'feeder' from the petstore. They make great pets. I have had many that were doomed! lol

And that's awsome that you guys put her to sleep...most people wouldn't do that. They would let her suffer. I had a rat that I had to do that to because she had cancer in her eye...it killed me when I had to put her down. I was depressed for weeks and my boyfriend laughed at me because I went to his house crying...jerk. Anyway...I think it'll be fine if she's by herself, but if you can, I would get her a friend.
What are 'feeders'?? And what do you mean that they were doomed??
Wow, your boyfriend was a BIG Jerk! Are you still with him? I think that was very rude for him to laugh when you were in pain! I hope you got(get??) better soon!

cinn&sprinslave

Cavy Slave
Um 'feeders' are the mice that petstores carry to as food for reptiles etc. I have seen people buy as many as 12 to feed their snake. I was disgusted.

loves2travel

Cavy Slave
i know. i always feel so sad for those poor mice, destined to be thrown down a snakes throat.

*shudder* i could never keep a snake, i would completely freak out!

CavyCrazyMom

Cavy Slave
Yes, that is what a feeder is...but think of it this way...if they don't eat they will die...just like any of us. So in my oppinion (even though I could personally NEVER do it!!!) it's part of the circle of life (corny but true...). I know there are probably a lot of vegitarians here in the group, but how many of us can say we have never eaten meat. Not many. But it does sadden me to think about it, so I don't. Ignorance is bliss in this situation...for me.

And yes, I did get rid of him not very long after that...but for another reason...four other reasons actually...want their names!? lol he was a pig. And not the good cute kind either.

loves2travel

Cavy Slave
yea, part of the circle of life. i just meant that i wouldnt be able to watch the mouse being swaalowed whole and ALIVE!

piggylover101

Cavy Slave
I don't like snakes or reptiles *more like afraid of them* so personally I would rather save the mice. But then again if we didn't feed reptiles then we would have too many mice and the reptiles would probably be really mad *shudders*

loves2travel

Cavy Slave
really mad.........*major shuddering going on at this moment*

RubyPiggie2

Cavy Slave
My cousins(I hate what they do, it really disgusts me) BREED their mice and with the babies they feed their python. I hate that! But I always tell myself that it is their fate and that (like others) it's part of the circle of life. I don't mind reptiles, I like them personally, just not wild snakes. They scare me...

RubyPiggie2

Cavy Slave
And the four other reasons, CavyCrazyMom, were your piggies, right?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.