Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

I got my Fleece!

cusunfireguy

Cavy Slave
Well, I found some fleece throws on sale yesterday at Linens N Things. I quickly brought them home, washed them 3 times and put it in my C & C cage. The girls just love it! I wish I had my camera out last night because at one point, one of my girls stretched out on her back on the fleece. They have been popcorning a great deal more and I've only found just a couple of poo pellets on the fleece and the rest is in the litter box. Will it stay that way? Probably not but here's hoping!

Steven

FoolOnTheHill

Cavy Slave
Aw, your pig sounds so cute! I find fleece much easier to clean and keep tidy than other beddings. You're lucky if the piggies poop in a litter box! Mine just kind of go everywhere :D Maybe it's because yours are used to going on "normal" bedding so they keep on doing that?

pignewton

Cavy Slave
Mine use a litter box a lot of the time for pee but they still poop wherever they happen to be. Just vacuum and empty the litter box daily. Its a quick 5 minute job for me.

cusunfireguy

Cavy Slave
Yeah, one of my girls uses it regularly but the other just goes where ever. But so far, I am finding that the fleece is so much better and I'm sure the girls feet are happy to have something soft to walk on. They get more traction too when they start doing their laps!

Steven

BAll3rinA

Cavy Slave
I just put in my fleece too like 20 minutes ago and I JUST caught them both relaxing on their sides! I've seen Ashley do it because she is pretty laid-back heh but to see MK relax like that is a big shock! : )

gpigluver14

Cavy Slave
Yeah, I recently switched to fleece, and I like it so much better, and find it way more convienent than having the whole cage filled with Carefresh bedding. I just suck up the poopies with a hand vac and pop the fleece in the wash to clean it! I think it has also proven to be much more cost effective. My pigs always sleep by lying down and resting their heads on the soft comfy fleece. Which by the way I got at Dollar Tree.

Slave to the Wheek

Cavy Slave
Don't forget that you need to have something absorbent under the fleece or it defeats the purpose. The fleece allows the urine to drain through it to the absorbent layer underneath and then the fleece stays dry.

There are tons of choices, from towels to puppy pads, to crib pads or mattress pads. It also makes a really big difference if you find a way to attach the fleece to the coroplast because it makes it sooo nice to suck up all the hay and hairs too.

cusunfireguy

Cavy Slave
Yep, I put towels under my fleece. On another note, I was in King Soopers yesterday (Grocery Store) and they had fleece blankets 2 for $10.

Steven

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.