Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

I got a mouse!!!!

Snow_Piggy

Cavy Slave
I got a male fancy mouse yesterday! He does not have a name yet. He is living in his own 10-gallon aquarium with lots of toys and aspen shavings :) Just wanted to up date you all on my pet life.

standuprookie

Cavy Slave
Thats cool! I have been thinking of adopting a mouse but just never went through with it.
Do you have any pics of no name?

fashion victim

Cavy Slave
Heh. No name the mouse. How is it to have a mouse as a pet? Does it bite? Is it loving and lovable? Is it really as unsanitary handling him as people here say it is? I think it's so sweet of you to rescue one. They are sold here for around a dollar or two so no one would go to the trouble of finding one needing a home if they wanted one as a pet.

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
I caught one in a Have-A-Heart humane trap in my kitchen last week. It took me 4 stores to find the dang trap. Cute little guy. If I wasn't totally freaked out that he'd bite me, I might have tried to figure out a way to keep him, but hopefully he found his way in the great outdoors.

standuprookie

Cavy Slave
T, my grandma did that with a Rat a long time ago, she caught a big, ugly, nasy rat and went out and bought a good size rat/ferret cage. You couldn't even touch him or he would bit you, but she seemed to love him, even though when me and my mom lived with her a while back she hated my hamster.

FuzzButtLover

Cavy Slave
We had a couple feild mice (having a field right behind our house, it's a guess) in our basement. Me and my little brother stayed down there for hours trying to catch them so my dad wouldn't set traps. We kept them in a 20 gal. aquarium for awhile, at different times. We caught one, kept if for a couple days providing food, water, then let it go. Then we caught the other one and sadly, it got killed by my dog.:weepy: We had it, brought it up to my room to the aquarium, it escaped before getting to the aquarium and it was in my room for awhile.:yuck: Then a couple days later, there it was on the stairs for me. I burried it, and even got a stick for a grave stone.:sad:
:eek:Sorry for the long story, but I too would want a mouse, but probably won't be able to get one since I have dogs and as I have already seen it probably won't work out. But I might be able to get a rat. Or a guinea pig. I haven't decide which one to beg my parents for yet.

FuzzButtLover

Cavy Slave
Oh, also good luck to you snow_piggy, I hope you have fun with your new mousie. If you are taking suggestions for names, I like Houdini because mice are really good escape artists.

Snow_Piggy

Cavy Slave
He has a name now...Reece! I have pictures that I will post in a minute ;) He is a great pet and hasn't bitten once only a little taste nibble which tickled. Considering he isn't very tame yet is very lovable he loves to play in my pocket while I read to him. They aren't dirty I mean he does poo but he is younger and nervous so it is expected that he will have an accident or two. Male mice do scent mark though so they smell a bit worse then females do...okay ALOT worse then females. >.< But cleaning the cage every 4-5 days and leavings a handful of his old shavings helps keep the smell down. I rescued him from a petshop, he wasn't going to be snake food but they were going to put him in a field if nobody bought him. Nobody was buying him because he had a bite mark on his lower back and their was a bald spot. The ones that are sold really cheap are usually being sold as reptile food.

Sorry about that field mouse fuzzbuttlover. I have a dog and two kittens I just keep my door shut 24/7. Although my kittens got in once and have found out that I have a mouse.

Oh yes before I forget Pictures....

2006_1228Image0006.jpg

Thats where he lives^

2006_1228Image0008.jpg

2006_1228Image0005.jpg

2006_1228Image0002.jpg

Reece^

lynn's Cavies

Cavy Slave
He's a cutie :)

I used to have mice when I was in my teens. I had a brown/white female and a black/white female. They were very sweet.

Snow_Piggy

Cavy Slave
Awwww they sound adorible

FuzzButtLover

Cavy Slave
Aww, he is so adorable, Congrats!

kittieb

Cavy Slave
Aw he looks so cute!

Snow_Piggy

Cavy Slave
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.