Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

I found this sad story on Craig's List

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer
People like this cause me to be without words. Really I can't think of anything to say that would be allowed. I am glad that the guinea pigs have now found a good home but heart broken for what the family that adopted them from that evil person.

Warning: Story about guinea pig abuse and neglect.

(broken link removed)

ugh! how could anyone do this?! people make me sick!!!!

If I was rich and could double myself through mitosis, I'd have the biggest guinea sanctuary. :guilty:

I've heard murderers have a high statistic of also hurting animals. I wonder what that says about *these* people. Very disgusting. Guinea pigs are so helpless, sweet, and innocent. You have to have something seriously wrong with your mental functioning to be cruel to one.

Craigslist isn't really renowned for its honest and upstanding posters. Sad as the picture this person painted is, it may not be an accurate story, and it certainly isn't a complete story. It says something about her need for attention that she's posting the ad on Craigslist rather than contacting an appropriate organization to look into the situation; it also says something that she doesn't have the address (or phone number?) of the person herself but is instead resorting to CL.

Also, if she recognized the animals as sick, I'm not sure why she took them and I'm also not sure why she didn't attempt to negotiate the price lower ... Furthermore, parasites are fairly common and not an indication of animal cruelty, necessarily; and "an infection likely from improper care and neglect" is entirely too vague, but even so - guinea pigs are prey animals and it's very likely the animal was hiding her symptoms quite well in her previous home. Wouldn't be far fetched if the owners weren't particularly attentive, and it certainly sounds like they weren't.

I think it's a sad story, no doubt, but I don't think I'd let myself get terribly upset about it, because it's crafted for sympathy and attention and may not be true and accurate. Like I said, it certainly isn't complete.

Last edited:
The link isn't working, because it got flagged or something, FYI...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.