Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

I found instructions to make this 'toy', is it cavy safe?

This doesn't look like a good idea to me. One of the threads could easily be pulled out and possibly swallowed. Even if they just chew on it, I don't think it would be good. I don't think my pigs would enjoy it beyond possibly chewing on it.

I don't know. I would worry about nails getting caught.

yeah, I was worried they would end up eating the strings /: I should probably avoid it all together, I don't want to hurt them. Maybe I can hang some high up where they can't get them for decoration :p I wouldn't want to scare them though.

Making decorations would be a good idea!

If you want something they can run through and play in, have you looked into fleece forests? They're stips of fleece that dangle down from an overhead grid or something similar. My pigs love running through them.

If you want something they can run through and play in, have you looked into fleece forests? They're stips of fleece that dangle down from an overhead grid or something similar. My pigs love running through them.

That would work well! My Poppy LOVES his Fleece Forests!!

I made them a fleece forest :) I put it all around the outer skirts of a grid, and I'm putting there beds inside, so it's like a hiding spot for them to sleep in. I just want there cage to be entertaining for them, and comfy.

Way to go!!!! :D

:D I'm having a good ole time making their cage ready to go. I'm sewing so much, I enjoy it.

:D I'm having a good ole time making their cage ready to go. I'm sewing so much, I enjoy it.

Uh oh!!! Looks like you are going to have to start going to GPA Meetings!!!!!! Guinea Pigs Anonymous!!!

There is a big possibility that they eat the wool. Maybe you could use another material. or hang another thing.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.