Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Photos I finally have a new avatar pic of my boys!

dubbergirl

Cavy Slave
So I finally was able to get a pic of FireBall and Poe off my phone and onto here (new iPhone update has messed up my phone, and internet has been wonky for a bit). Both are Pervians. FireBall is the red/white satin and Poe is the lilac roan. FireBall is 3 wks older than Poe. We've had FireBall for 5 wks and Poe for 3 wks (they are currently 10 wks and 7 wks). FireBall is the wild child. He's more skittish of the 2 and takes longer to calm down and is easily frightened. Poe (for Edgar Allen Poe) is the one I picked out, and he's so mellow. Very inquisitive. They are so dependent upon each other. It's funny watching FireBall try to hide under Poe, and Poe treats FireBall like his mama, and still hides under him. We still really miss Squeaky, but these 2 have helped fill the void in our hearts. Still waiting for them to squeak for salads like Squeaky did. House was too quiet without a piggie (even though we have 2 children and 2 dogs) running amuck. Anyway, just wanted to share a current pic of them enjoying some outside time for the first time.:eek:

Guinepig

Cavy Slave
They are so cute!

LuvCavysLuvCats

Cavy Slave
Awww They are adorable!!!

dubbergirl

Cavy Slave
I wish it hadn't taken so long to get everything to cooperate! I first saw Poe at 1 wk old, and I took pics of him in my hand. Amazing how much he has grown since we brought him home. FireBall was half the size of what Squeaky was when we brought him home (so, FireBall looked huge to us at over 500 g at 5 wks old, when Squeaky was supposedly 12 wks old). I'll try to get some more pics up soon. I wanted a red eyed piggie, and loved the lilac coloring...so lucked out with Poe =) I was the only one who liked red/pink eyed piggies, and my daughter was creeped out. His eyes have changed from pink, to more red, and it has been suggested he might end up being a ruby eyed red, which would be cool =) The long hair is funky, but it's more in the grooming area, especially since they're both boys. FireBall has the greatest markings around one of his eyes, so I'll definitely have to get a pic of that up. Poe is just a moving Tribble...lol!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.