Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Adopting I finally got them :D (Pigtures!)

madelineelaine

Cavy Slave
[GuineaPigCages.com] I finally got them :D (Pigtures!)
This is my little guy Felix (1 year old)
and this is Isabella (1 year as well)
[GuineaPigCages.com] I finally got them :D (Pigtures!)[GuineaPigCages.com] I finally got them :D (Pigtures!)

Soooo cute... I like Felix's coloring and Isabella's "skunk" eyes LOL They're going to be so happy with that set up :)

:D I think they're so cute! They're still really scared though, I've only had them for a day. I'm trying to introduce a new food to them (zuchini) and they pick out everything else and leave that behind! silly pigs. Izzy doesn't mind coming out of her cage for some cuddles but Felix runs as fast as he can and hides in the corner. I feel bad, I don't want to scare him :( And they don't seem to be drinking from there water bottle, should I be concerned? They gobbled up the pellets, hay and veggies though.

You may want to give them a small dish of water until they learn to drink from the water bottle.

they drank from a water bottle before though /: They're a year old.

Have you made sure they can find it? Do they just walk by but not drink, or have they just not passed it? Do you have any drops in the water? It's going to take a long time for them to warm up to you. In the wild guinea pigs are pray animals, so to them you just look like a hungry lion out to eat them. Also don't touch, pet, pick up, bother them for the first three days. They have just gone through a scary experience of a car ride, moving homes, new sounds, new smells, new food, ect, so you have to just let them chill out and get used to everything for a while. They of course are going to be scared and hide for a while. It took 3 months for Phoenix and Godric to even eat out of my hand without running away, so don't expect them to be your best friends on day one.

Maybe try washing it or moving it to a different location.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.