Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C I figured out how big gidgets new cage will be...

boofp

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I am making a 2 x 4 with a 1 x 4 loft . It will not have a hang over. So it will be easier to clean.
[GuineaPigCages.com] I figured out how big gidgets new cage will be...
Now my grids and ramp just need to get here. So when I get gidget a friend the cage will be big enough.

top half ramp area will be fleece" bed room" and the other half of top about 2 grids wide will be the "kitchen" with plastic box of care fresh for hay,food and water bottle.

bottom will be open for running and play. maybe a tunnel or two. Thinking of making a fleece forest under ramp.

Oh that's an interesting idea. I like it!

I would hate to clean under a hang over.

Cool idea!

May I suggest doing away with the loft and doing a 3x4 instead? It would be even easier to clean and provide with lots of extra room! Plus, it wouldn't take up anymore room that your design would call for.

Just a suggestion, your current design provides plenty of room for your piggy (and new piggy when you add one).

Thanks for your suggestion. I will think about it. I like the loft idea because it get the kitchen and cozy up top and then leaves bottom for running room and toys

found out they are shipping it today, they had a family member in the hospital so it will be here in a few days

Another suggestion: Instead of putting the ramp on the side of the cage, maybe put it in the middle so that they can run laps.

I like this idea. Plus you can use under the loft for storage/supplies. :)

I like it! Though I have an over hanging loft area and I do not find it any trouble to clean under it since I started using fleece pads. When I was using loose fleece it was a pain.

Another suggestion: Instead of putting the ramp on the side of the cage, maybe put it in the middle so that they can run laps.
Yeah cool idea didnt think of that thanks

I like this idea. Plus you can use under the loft for storage/supplies. :)
Yep I thought of this as well. if I were to use the over hang I dont think it would be as sturdy and if I get a another box of grids I could make the bottom a 3 x 4.

you wouldnt need to get anymore grids, just move the wall thats under the loft to behind it. I used L brackets for support, but others have used wooden rods.

thanks for the advice, who knows im sure the design will change again and again till I get it actually together lol I have 35 grids so any other advice would be great

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.