Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

I feel like celebrating!

CritterLuvva

Cavy Slave
Get out the sparkling fruit punch and bring on the cake! CritterLuvva is now a CavySlave! Yes!

(And what's more I have no cavies. LOL.)

Aw, but you'll be the bestest and well-equipped cavy slave ever once you actually get a hold of some!

Get out the sparkling fruit punch and bring on the cake! CritterLuvva is now a CavySlave! Yes!

(And what's more I have no cavies. LOL.)

Something else to look forward to....

LOL-that's funny.

Good Job :) Now you will soon be an amazing cavy (Wait for it) OWNER!

Thanks guys! I am just so ecstatic to feel like a real part of the crew rather then just a "newby". I know that, given the opportunity, I can make a real difference in cavy lives. I'm so excited, impatient even, for the time when I'll be able to make educational videos to show people what it takes to take proper care of your pets. Until then, I've found a knack for answering questions based on the answers I've already come across. :D

@MissJean Well equipped is right! My brain will be burning with information by the time I get piggies! Which may not be for several months yet. :p

Oh my gosh! You're doing videos! I can't wait to subscribe to you on youtube. There's only two piggie channels I like so far, as I'm really picky with information. Glad I'll be able to get a third who knows what she's talking about!

Congrats on your promotion!
How is it you've been able to go this long without breaking down and buying cavies?
I was at the petstore earlier and saw this cute gray/white crested. I had to grit my teeth and remind myself I was there to buy supplies. :eek:

Congrats! Just think, somewhere out there are some lucky cavies who have no idea that you'll be in their servitude someday.

@MissJean I haven't even gotten on YouTube and I have a fan already. LOL. Thanks! (Really!) My inspiration is PiggiePigPigs. You know her? If not, maybe you could check her out.

@CinnandMegsMom It's relatively simple when you don't have the money to feed them yet! :) My road block is money- that's pretty big. Once we have our finances sorted out, then we'll be able to think a little more seriously about guinea pigs. If money weren't an obstacle, I would have already gotten my piggies. There's this perfect one I found listed on Grand Rapids a few days ago.. but I can't get it! :p

:D @mufasa

@spy9doc That won't work. I don't intend to present myself as an expert, but as someone who has spent time learning and takes good care of her pets. I can't explain why what you ask is impossible for me, but please know that it is. All I want to share is how I've learned to take care of my pets. I'll be a good parent for guinea pigs, I know that; that's all I intend to share with others. I think you're thinking of my program as a little more then what I intend it to be, but thank you for the suggestion.

And, you seem to do it well. Just be very cautious about repeating things that others have posted on the forum without critically examining what is said. Just because somebody posts a lot.......doesn't mean they have the experience OR knowledge to be giving advice.

Want to be really knowledgeable and provide good information? Learn how to investigate and research scholarly databases. Many veterinary websites have good information, and you can learn how to use PubMed to locate articles from peer-reviewed journals.

Honestly, I don't think it's bad to trust the experts at Guinea Lynx or the mods here. Guinea Lynx also quotes research that has been done. I really think you can repeat what the mods here and yonder say and be safe. If I recall correctly, you're a professor? I can understand why you feel the way you do. In most other subjects I'd completely agree with you.

Some people also learn better when it comes through conversing with others. CritterLuvva is a smart gal, and she knows which people have the best information here. :p

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.