Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

I did a very bad thing....

CavyCrazyMom

Cavy Slave
I went to the shelter today to feed the pigs there...I took them home. Three of them. The mom, dad, and a baby. My hubby is gonna KILL me! He let me take the other rescues to keep them out of the shelter, but he's gonna flip when he finds out I paid for these guys and brought them home. Seriously. He will absolutly WIG OUT! Help me figure out how I can tell him without him freaking out on me! lol

Oh, and mom and baby are good except mom has two wounds on her legs from not being on a solid bottom cage I'm sure. But they put two staples in one of the woulds and are going to remove them for me in a week. The other wound is too far apart to do that so I have to put neosporin on it. That is safe for them right? I would hate to do it and it not be safe. Any advice would be greatly appreciated (Treen, or Cavy Spirit, I could use your help on this one!!)

Thanks in advance

~~Cheri~~

cinn&sprinslave

Cavy Slave
You were very naughty lol just kidding. So I am guessing the male is neutered? Well Congrats! I would just try to hide them lol. um well I guess you better start making some more cages lol.

Faunn
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

CavyCrazyMom

Cavy Slave
unfortunaltey the male is not altered, and they were put together so she's probably already pregnant again. I was pretty mad about it and told them (in a kind way) that they should always seperate the boys and girls and I showed her how to tell what the sex is on an adult. I don't think she really cared quite frankly. But I told her anyway.
I could try to catch him in a good mood, but that doesn't happen when animals are involved. He grew up where there were no animals, and never caught the bug of being an animal lover...so he tolerates me having so many pets.

pebbles

Cavy Slave
sex him up real good

ChadWPB

Cavy Slave
Neosporin is a blend of three antibiotics: bacitracin, neomycin and polymyxin B. Also known as triple antiboiotic ointment or BNP ointment.

Though bacitracin is on the Guinea Lynx list of dangerous medications, it is safe to use topically, provided your pig will not be able to ingest it. Use very small amounts, just enough to cover the wound and do its job.

Good luck.

RubyPiggie2

Cavy Slave
So Neosporin is safe as long as your piggie dosen't ingest it?
Godd job CavyCrazyMom! I'm proud of you! Except your hubby won't be... Explain the conditions they were in and such. Tell him that he'll grow to love them! If he gets mad, he'll be done being mad later, but I'm not too sure how long your husband stays mad. Make sure that they don't get in his way ex. the cage and their floor time. He won't pay much attetion to them if they aren't in his way, right?
Make him his favorite meal, lol, spoil him and then tell him the news. Don't make it sound like you were trying to just get him in a good mood to tell him the ((bad)) news just let it slide in. And spoil him afterwards too, because if you stop after you tell him for sure he'll get mad about that.

RubyPiggie2

Cavy Slave
BTY,
how many piggs do you have no CCM?

CavyCrazyMom

Cavy Slave
lmao @ pebbles!!!!!!

I told him but I pretended like I didn't have them yet! lol So I acted like it was HIS idea to go and get them...pretty sly huh! lmao Everything is ok, although he was like, you HAVE to get rid of them...asap, and I said OK, NP. And that was it! lol He htinks I'm out right now getting them! HAHAHA...I'm SO bad!!!

So this neosporin thing...she can lick it if she tries, it'll be on her back legs on her knees. Should I still use it?? What about paroxide? And what if I bandage it up? SHould I do that anyway??

Thanks everyone for all your help!!!

CavyCrazyMom

Cavy Slave
RubyPiggie2 said:
BTY,
how many piggs do you have no CCM?
I have four of my own, and 5 rescues now. Two males, and three females (including baby). Want some!?

RubyPiggie2

Cavy Slave
Lol, would love some! Just the thing though.. my mom won't let me have anymore! I have to sell a few, only like 4 or 5. Phew!! Mine are rescues and some that I have gotton from friends. If you do plan on giving them to other people, what I am doing is making 2x3 cages((right now)), and for the people who are going to get my guinea pigs I am going to give them a "phamlet"((sp?)) on guinea pig care, cage care, ect. I think you should probably do this, especially if you are going to give them to people who probably don't know a thing about guinea pigs. How are you planning on (hate to say it) get rid of them? I don't like saying it that way, but I guess that's all that is popping to my mind. Right now..

CavyCrazyMom

Cavy Slave
lol I am adopting them out to compatant people over 18 (or with parents) who fit into my criteria. I actually have help from the orange county cavy haven because they have a ton of applicants and not enough pigs to fill the need (woo hoo!! That's a good thing!) so they are going to pass some people my way who have passed their 'test' and they think are safe to adopt out to but they don't want any of thier pigs. So I shouldn't have them (theoretically) for very long. That's what I'm praying for anyway! lol We'll see what reality is though! lol

And I have already thought about the pamphlet thing, so I think I'm going to start that tonight. The cage thing though I'm not so sure about. I will make them one if they want, but they have to pay for it. And I'm charging them $20 for the care I have givin them too. Not letting anyone take only one unless they have another pig to mix with at home and a big enough cage. And I will probably go to their house and check it out because I am anal like that and want to be sure they get awsome homes where they can be spoiled and kissed every day. That's what I have planned and hopefully reality is the same!

CactusCavy

Cavy Slave
Hmmm... I dunno if I've passed OCCH's "test" thing yet (still gotta meet with one of the volunteers:)... Could you post some pics??

~Cactus

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
That's cool, ccm! I'm glad to hear your sly plan worked. =)

Denise

Cavy Slave
pebbles said:
sex him up real good
LMAO, the male guinea piggy or the male human piggy? LOL

RubyPiggie2

Cavy Slave
LOL male human piggy hahaha didn't think of that!

RubyPiggie2

Cavy Slave
Yah, you don't have to make the cages, that's what I am doing CCM. It's really cheap here, the coro and the grids almost always are on sale at Target. I'm getting two sheets sometime this week anyways, so I can manage giving the cages to people. If you get some of the "phamlet" done soon can I see it? I'm going to work on mine tonight before I go to bed and possibly at school. If you don't want to show it on the boards, go to my profile and get my e-mail. If you don't want to show me the phamlet, it's okay! I'm just wanting to see what other piggy owners are going to put on.

CavyCrazyMom

Cavy Slave
you know what, I haven't done it yet! lol I'm such a procrastinator! lol But when I do I will certainly send one off to you if you want. You can even use it if you want, I don't care. (btw, it's 'pamphlet' I believe...but son't take my word for it! I'm the worst speller in the world!!!! lmao) Anyway, I didn't get a chance to do it, last night I took the mom to a friends house so she could check her and she took pictures and stuff to show other people. It was really sick too. I have pics if you guys want to see. Actually, I have the link to the pics...lol.
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)
they are pretty bad, so if you don't like yucky things don't look! lol
~~Cheri~~

pebbles

Cavy Slave
Oh no, the poor things
:(
hugs from us

AngelsCavies

Cavy Slave
awwwwww that poor baby. Hugs for the piggy from all of my 14 piggies. give us an update on how she is doing.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.