Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Rehoming I am torn about rehoming these two boys!

brupoppiggies

Cavy Slave
In reality we do not have the space for 5 guinea pigs. But when I start to create the ad to rehome them I can't. I worry someone will neglect them, abandon them or even feed them to a snake. I do already love them, but the hubs and I agreed that our home was temporary for them. UGH!! I just don't know what to do!

Look at their sweet little faces!! 400131 3131556334559 1434278310 33225756 1291114982 n (pipin is the blonde, and he has all these cowlicks gimli is a solid dark brown with a little white face)

kittymalone

Cavy Slave
How cute! If I lived closer, I would take them. Maybe look for someone here, that way you know they'll be loved and not snake food...

ellisa

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
If I were closer I would also take them :sad:
I'm sorry you're going through this. Hopefully you find an awesome person who will take them and give them a lovely life!

Kimberly713

Cavy Slave
If you have good people judgement, you will be able to find the right home for them. I rehomed two pigs on Craigslist and both went to good homes. One lady drove nearly 2hrs to meet one of them! She ended up taking her home that day because I felt she would be a good home. The other was pretty close but we talked about exactly how to care for the pig before she left me. She came with a cute littele carrier filled with hay for her to hide in for the ride and sent pics of her cage and such. I had to talk to several well, idiots, before I found these people though. But good people are out there looking for a good pet. Be specific in your ad on how you want them housed, etc so it thins out all the irresponsible owners. Ask for pictures of their setup, and all that. It won't be as easy as just handing them over to anyone who asks, but obviously it's worth it.

Forgot to add: People who contact you with lots of information about who they are, why they want a pet, etc are the ones who are more likely to be a good fit. Those who simply reply, Hey i want your guinea pigs. Not so much... When I was looking for a pig, I always talked about my current cage, pigs, etc and gave the owner more insight on why i would be a good fit. If you end up feeling like noone is worthy of the piggies repost the ad at another time.

brupoppiggies

Cavy Slave
Thank you. I will just take my time and hopefully find a good home for them. I may wait a few more weeks to post the ad. Maybe the hubs will warm up to the idea of keeping them.lol

arionat799

Cavy Slave
I hope you can keep them!! I'd take them, but I have a sow, and my dad won't even let me get another one anyway. Where are you? I may know someone who could take them but she could be on the other side of the country from you for all I know! lol

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.