Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

I am slightly obsessed with this forum

kittymalone

Cavy Slave
I think a lot of you can relate to this, I just thought I'd share. I am slightly obsessed with this forum and because of that I am slightly obsessed with my guinea pigs. I truly believe that my dear, sweet, very tolerating husband thinks that I'm having an affair with someone on this site lol! He's constantly asking me, "whatcha looking at now?" Since having my pigs, I have changed their cage 10 times (I have finally settled on a design that is easy to clean, and more than comfortable for them), made countless cuddle cups and sleeping sacks, checked and re-checked their diet, learned about the best pellets, and figured out the fleece issue. This forum has provided me with so much to read, so many topics to look through, so many answered questions, and so much inspiration. I have ventured over to other forums and, I have to say, this one is BY FAR the best and most informative. Maybe this should have been a blog but I think it's important that "newbies" read this and know what an amazing place this is and what a wonderful group of people can be found here! Thank you all so much for making me laugh and cry, for educating me, and for giving me advice! My pigs would not be leading such a wonderful life without this forum and all it's members!

I agree!!!!!

:D Me too! What else is there! :D

Me too my husband is the same way lol

Needless to say I have a lot of down time at work. There is always something new, fun, and interesting on here to keep me occupied.

I love this forum and most of the people here. By the way, this place was my first go at a forum and I think I picked a great one to start with.

First and best ever forum for me too! I'm not one for spending time with electronics but I love having my computer open when I'm home and refreshing this page to see all the new topics to read and respond to! Big Frapp's life is so much better since I found this place, rescued her and built her the mansion! And her little friend :cheerful: Totally agree with the obsessed thing...

Needless to say I have a lot of down time at work. There is always something new, fun, and interesting on here to keep me occupied.

I love this forum and most of the people here. By the way, this place was my first go at a forum and I think I picked a great one to start with.

Ditto!!!!

I agree. I was on another forum first but never felt a part of it. This forum is so welcoming and when you do post a question, everyone gets back to you so quickly. Also I love being involved in some of the ongoing problems and solutions, trying to figure out what will work and what doesn't. I learn so much from other people's journeys, especially when it comes to health issues with our piggies. I can't wait to log on in the evenings to see the latest updates. I really enjoy sharing with people who truly understand how much we care about our pets.

I'm in college so I often study in groups with friends, and I'll end up on here a lot. My friends are always like "Oh jeez Kimberly, you and your guinea pigs. You're so obsessed!" Everyone loves my pigs, but they don't understand why I "spoil" them yet. :p

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, @kittymalone and others.

You've expressed the exact kind of feeling that I like our community to be. I'm glad you feel that way. It takes everyone participating to make a great community.

@kittymalone I feel the same way! ahahah I truly feel very blessed and honored to have sites like these. With amazing wealth of information, new ideas, and pretty much a cavy slave family :)

Ditto! Except that both my husband and I are obsessed -- mostly he is obsessed while he's stranded on the couch and I'm reading the latest to him. But our piggies wouldn't be in their wonderful C&C cages with appropriate toys and fleece without this forum and our local rescue. And we definitely wouldn't know about things like KMS hay (or that plush piggy poo from Flat Bonnie, yes, we bought it). Above all we'd feel a little weird for being cavy obsessed, especially since we went from not thinking about cavies at all to having four in a short period of time.

Raise your hand if your child care provider ever calls you not only for an update on your child's day but also on your pigs' day ....

i agree every day i go on this site to learn new things and i have learned so much and its amazing it is nice to see i am not the only one obsessed with my piggies and this site

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.