Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Joy Hyperactive happiness

aislynn99

Cavy Slave
Yesterday I got the opportunity to visit the storage barn of a man who grows and sells grass hay for a living. I spent a lovely quarter hour going over the bales, enjoying the absolutely glorious smell of hay and giddily picking out one bale, then another, then putting the first one back and then changing my mind all over again :) It was a ton of fun!lol

Now, my cavies have always been a pretty sedate pair, except during veggie time. Occasional wheeking and such, and a popcorn or two a day, but nothing crazy, and generally will quietly snuggle in their hide house between munching on hay. Well, ever since I brought the new hay home, Bo and Squishy have been playing and racing and have generally been more active than I have ever seen before. After a hay snack about ten minutes ago, they spent the last several minutes running laps around the cage in opposite directions of each other, through strategically placed tunnels and scattering aspen shavings in all directions. Then they would popcorn for a few minutes and rumblestrut and chirp like mad, race some more, and then Squishy actually plopped to the floor of the cage and rolled around in the hay like it was a dust bath. They've been doing this all day :p

It makes me so happy to see them so happy, I could just cry. I'm very glad I could do that for them!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.