Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Husband up for adoption.

janetangel

Cavy Slave
What are we all going to do when we retire, our men are home all the time and our kids are out of the house, but still bugging us and with grand children too? I know I still bug my parents and my boys do too. My parents have been divorced since I was 5 yrs old, but they both hear from me. My dad is remarried and spends a lot of time away from home, His wife says I see him more than he does which I think is true. He is just a lot nicer to her than me. ;)
If I do not just visit my house after work and sleep here, I would go crazy with my husband. I like our short encounters, it helps me look forward to the weekend with him. The boys sometimes go with me to the stables after work and sometimes stay home, so they spend time with us both. They drive us both crazy too. Sometimes together and sometimes apart. My whole family is just crazy and we all are driven up the walls.
We do need a place we can send the husband's away for awhile and do what we want done and relax when we want to and run the house our way and only our way.
It is hard for me to go away from the house too long or away from the stables, because the animals are my sanity where my human family is my insanity.

Lucy99

Cavy Slave
A few weeks back, hubby got offered a 3 month incredibly well payed job. It would have meant he would have been completely away from the house for three months and that we would only have gotten to speak a couple of times a week - I was like, yeah go for it. As much as anything it would have given us enough money to put a decent down payment on a house.

He didn't take it, he said he would have missed Louis and I far too much. Very sweet, but now I am thinking, why the bloomin heck did you not take it!

suzilovespiggie

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
I will stick to just older than dirt me and all my critters. It's peaceful that way.

janetangel

Cavy Slave
I just asked my husband about the 3 mos oppurtunity and he said that would be very difficult to do to be away from the boys and me that long. I told him I could handle it if he was gone. He said well could you do it away from me and the boys? He said could you really do it and really think about being away for 3 months? I thought a few seconds about it and I said I could not be away from the boys that long without going crazy, just him. He said "oh thanks". I think I really made him feel good.
He laughed when I told him a member put their husband up for adoption. Then he said I bet she did not put up pictures.:)

And Suzi, my mom who is way older than dirt agrees with your idea of living. She has told me many times she likes it with her and her dog. They get along just fine.

Last edited:

Susan9608

Cavy Slave
Lucy - I feel your pain. My husband works from home. Since I only work 3 days a week, it seems like we're always together (especially the months when I work nights). He doesn't really have to put much work into his work, so he pops into my office every 30 minutes or so, just to say hi or to comment on whatever it is he's watching on tv or to just make some weird, randon comment. Sometimes, my dream in life is to have just 1 day all *alone* in my house. <sigh>

Lucy99

Cavy Slave
Susan9608 said:
Sometimes, my dream in life is to have just 1 day all *alone* in my house. <sigh>

Oh goodness, that would be nice. Just one day to do nothing other than look after little old me. I remember a time when my dreams asked for so much more.

janetangel - I have actually told hubby about this thread, obviously now that the argument is over. His only remark was "you better not have put up any piccies".

janetangel

Cavy Slave
Husbands are so funny. Mine has been a gem recently for the most part.
I wonder what he is up too.

NewGPMom

Cavy Slave
My hubby has worked from home for about 7 years now and for over three of those years I was home with him. I have to say, I didn't mind it at all. I just recently went back to work out of the home and he is very helpful. Does laundry, cooks, cleans, cleans out dishwasher (what most consider womens work). Heck, this morning when I got in the shower, I noticed he scrubbed it yesterday. That was a nice surprise

Lucy99

Cavy Slave
NewGPMom said:
he is very helpful. Does laundry, cooks, cleans, cleans out dishwasher (what most consider womens work). Heck, this morning when I got in the shower, I noticed he scrubbed it yesterday. That was a nice surprise

I am not surprised you didn't mind if he is like that.

Mine would rather not eat than have to cook something, but will complain if he is hungry. He will not clean anything, will not vacume, will not do anything - but again will complain if something is dirty or untidy. All he does is sits infront of his computer (working I might add) and shouts if Louis cries as he can't concentrate. I don't shout at my son, and this bothers him - I prefer to ignore him when he is bad but give him lots of phrase and affection when he is good.

citronsoul

Cavy Slave
You guys are scaring me.

I move in with my boyfriend tomorrow.

Lucy99

Cavy Slave
citronsoul said:
You guys are scaring me.

Be scared, be VERY scared!

janetangel

Cavy Slave
My husband is going to be home without me for 4 days over the weekend. I am going to help out my sister who just came home from the hospital after having surgery. Last night my husband and I were talking about the things that need to be done around the house and yards. I said "Well you have a four day weekend at home, do some". He said "No, not without you here." I said "Why? I can do these things without you here, why do you need me?" He said "I am not going to do it without your help. I plan to do nothing this weekend..."
You know that rule never go to bed mad??? Well last night it was broken.

lilpiggy12
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
Congratulations!!!! That's great news!

PiggieMom

Cavy Slave
citronsoul said:
You guys are scaring me.

Good luck! Remember you're the queen of the house. No matter what he says. Break him by making him go and buy you tampons.

Oh and congrats lilpiggy. I know how you feel. I didn't stop grinning for a week after hubby proposed.

Susan9608

Cavy Slave
Janetangel, your husband sounds just like mine. For some reason, my husband seems incapable of doing *anything* unless I am directly involved. this is directly the reason why our house is still a total dump after three yeras.

Citronsoul - you're very brave. :) Good luck.

Congrats, Lilpiggy. Good for you.

zoepiglet

Cavy Slave
Yes! My boyfriend is also utterly incapable of the simplest of tasks without at least repeated instruction and it drives me mad.

Good luck, citronsoul! I have lived with my boyfriend for a year now and my advice is to nip bad habits in the bud regardless of special circumstances. I know that's how half of my little nagging problems have came from!

And congratulations lilpiggy12.

JennG

Cavy Slave
I'm sorry but I've been with "hubby" for 13yrs and I feel like he's my 4th kid. He can't put a piece of garbage into the trash that sits two feet away. Argh! He does try and will surprise me and vacuum but I have to nag him to get stuff done around the house. I'm still waiting for him to clean the garage out that I asked him to LAST summer. Men!

Carissa

Cavy Slave
Once married they only go to the mall to keep you in check, or to drive you crazy pouting the entire time you shoplol

How true.

Its nice to know other people have normal husbands. A few of my friends have super-human husbands who do housework with them, wash the dishes, remodel the house all without nagging. I'm happy if my husband's dirty socks make it into the hamper.

lilpiggy12
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.