Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pigsitting Hubby Got His First Whiff of Boar Stank

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
My husband was pig-sitting Amy and Borat while I was at a work event this week. He normally feeds the piggies but I'm the cage cleaner. I taught him how to spot clean and left things in his hands. I've told him about boar stank before (I smelled it the first time I put Amy and Borat's exercise pens next to each other after quarantine), but he never experienced it himself.

The first day he did the cleaning, he called me up and said that he'd moved something in the cage, which apparently ticked Borat off. He rumbled and released that lovely odor. Poor hubby was unprepared for just how yucky it is.

Fortunately Borat is a pretty mellow guy and very rarely finds the need to pretend to be a skunk. It was just so funny to hear hubby's reaction, since he kind of fluffed it off as "How bad can it be?" when I warned him.

LOL @mufasa Almost sounds like a scenario of husbands that didn't realize how hard it was to take care of the house and kids all day for their wives. When they tried it, all of a sudden, they realized that they're wives did not just sit at home all day doing nothing- that being a home maker is hard work! Only, instead of taking care of the house and the kids, he's taking care of the piggies. And he thought it would be easy! :p

I have 4 boys and I've never smelled boar stank. I'm actually really curious and want to experience it at least once. Just so I know what people are talking about! I feel left out of some "smelly boar" club. :grumpy:

I have 4 boys and I've never smelled boar stank. I'm actually really curious and want to experience it at least once. Just so I know what people are talking about! I feel left out of some "smelly boar" club. :grumpy:
Imagine stinky butt smell and multiply it by around 100! Not fart, but butt. You'll definitely decide that once is enough if your boars ever decide to grace you with it. They must not do it much in general. This is only the second time that Borat's ever done it, although he does love to scent mark.

You might be immune if you're used to being around stinky critters. I've spent many years around horses, so although I knew it was boar stank when he did it in Amy's presence, I thought, "Well, it's no worse than other critter stinks." It's actually better than many smells, like chicken coop...that gets RANK. Hubby is more sheltered and it was much worse than he thought it would be. You'd think he'd be used to it, since the cats tend to favor the litter box in his office and at times they make smells that would melt paint.

I introduced one of our guinea pigs to the others in my husband's office. Three was so much boar stank that Fabreeze wouldn't cover it and we had to leave the office window open all night just to air it out so that it was tolerable for human occupation. It was nasty. That was the only time I have ever smelled it. :sick:

You might be immune if you're used to being around stinky critters. I've spent many years around horses, so although I knew it was boar stank when he did it in Amy's presence, I thought, "Well, it's no worse than other critter stinks." It's actually better than many smells, like chicken coop...that gets RANK. Hubby is more sheltered and it was much worse than he thought it would be. You'd think he'd be used to it, since the cats tend to favor the litter box in his office and at times they make smells that would melt paint.

I love the smell of horses in a barn! That's definitely not a bad critter smell. :p

ROFL. So what you're saying is you feel the need to be initiated by your boars?

A random question, but what colour is boar stank? Is it a liquid they excrete or just a smell? There is a reason for this i promise :D

I love the smell of horses in a barn! That's definitely not a bad critter smell. :p
I agree. I was thinking more of the odors that my fart-blossom horse Figment emits from his body continually than the overall smell. I love the general "horsey" aroma.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.