Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

how to train my guniea's...

happie gurl

Cavy Slave
does anyone know how to train your guinea pigs to roll in a ball like the ones that hamsters have...but for guinea pigs?
cause mine just sit in it like its a hidey house!

Guinea pigs must NOT be put in balls like hamsters, even if there is a picture of a guinea pig on the box it comes in! Hamsters are extremely flexible and agile, guinea pigs are not. It could seriously damage their spine. You could always adopt a hamster to put in it :)

They definitely shouldn't be used. The only possible use could be to turn it into a hidey or as a container for hay in the cage. But for them to actually roll around in? Not a good idea.

• Post hidden due to user being banned.
hi guys. sorry to upset you.:( I didnt know you werent suposed to.)

my ball the that I got is like..about the size of a beach ball, yea pretty big.....well anyways thanks for telling me!! im glad i found out before one of my babies got hurt:)
i dont think i could ever forgive myself if that happend!
Well, im not gonna put them in it anymore, because if theres a chance of them getting hurt, and they dont even enjoy running in it...theres really no purpose right?

Glad to hear it happie gurl. Unfortunately, I was told the same thing by the pet store. Poor Scooby would just sit in it. Big waste of money. Then I found out from here and GL how bad they are. It's all a learning process. Keep asking questions here, or Guinealynx.com or pigloo.net and you will get great information.

ok thanks dacourt..and all of you!yeah it is alot of money eh? mine was like, $20!!! i dont know how i would survive without cavycages!!:)

Thank goodness for this website. I have learned so very much and my piggies are so much happier and healthier.

The purpose is to put money in the manufacturer and pet store's pockets for selling harmful products. Rabbits and gps can break their backs and die in those.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.