Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece How to make the fleece liners

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrWhistles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I've heard of users making "fitted" fleece

How do you make that?

Why not just tell everyone "We have discussed X (no matter the question) use the search function to find the answers." I mean pretty much that's true ; this forum has been around a long time so almost EVERYTHING has been posted about time and time again. If you have a thread about it why not link it instead?

Why not just tell everyone "We have discussed X (no matter the question) use the search function to find the answers." I mean pretty much that's true ; this forum has been around a long time so almost EVERYTHING has been posted about time and time again. If you have a thread about it why not link it instead?

That can be pretty time consuming .. Looking through it all. It is even more difficult if you use an iPad or something other than a computer (not all things are accessible). I've noticed lots of users are more than happy just to answer said questions :)
As for making liners.. Mine go all the way up and over and fit very nice. Measure lots.. Make strips and see them to the base. [GuineaPigCages.com] How to make the fleece liners really depends on the layout of your cage.. Dimensions etc.. I've now made over 10 liners for friends.. Who have sent me fleece and $ to just do it for them.. Lol

If it annoys you to answer the question then just don't even read the thread. I find it hard to find the exact answer through search sometimes also. There are so many different opinions on what works best. Instead of wasting the time to tell them to search the feeds, you could have found a link and copied it, and pasted it.
I have been searching for best ways to make liners...and I have searched through old feeds for hours. I would like to hear others opinions also.

And, it is incumbent on the person asking the question to take the responsibility to do some research. Many of us who have been around for a while try to be infinitely helpful, but it becomes so time consuming that those of us who are working professionals don't have the time to answer the same questions over and over when all the information is in previous posts.

If you have lots of time to do the research for her, but all means do so.....and, of course, link to the threads that you find.

You just don't need to be so harsh. If you don't want to take the time, then just leave it alone and don't reply at all.

Whoa!
What's with all the sudden snappyness.
Sorry I ever asked

Mrwhistles.. Do NOT be sorry you asked! I'm sure some.. If not all my questions I have asked have been answered before. I would be more than happy to help you! I have never found exactly the way I have made mine but it isn't very difficult.
As besotted other post.. Being sooo busy with your "career" I'm pretty sure there isn't anything saying you have to answer all.. If any questions! Go take a breath! I'm assuming you looked at my profile.. Yes... I am a stay at home mom! I've done the while career thing.. Just wasn't for me.. Lol sorry for the rudeness Mr.Whiskers.. I wasn't going to post bit really earked me! I'm honna hold my piggies now.. They are nice and never say hurtful things!

I'm closing this thread. Spy9doc is right -- there are dozens of posts on how to make fleece liners, cozies, beds, whatever. There's a search box at the top of the page.

There are even stickies in each forum section -- they stay at the top, and make the information very easy to find. Take a look -- it'll save everybody time, including you who are complaining about rudeness.

This place is to help others. It isn't a place to be rude to people because they didn't think of, or don't know how to search for other posts. If you support spy9doc that is just wrong. This was my final push to leave this forum all together. I am finding a different. Not that any of you care.

I'm closing this thread. Spy9doc is right -- there are dozens of posts on how to make fleece liners, cozies, beds, whatever. There's a search box at the top of the page.

There are even stickies in each forum section -- they stay at the top, and make the information very easy to find. Take a look -- it'll save everybody time, including you who are complaining about rudeness.

I'm sorry. I DID in fact do searches and I DID infact look for "stickys". I did NOT find any "stickys" specifically on making fleece liners.

I haven't had any negative interactions with users here until someone decided to blow their top over a question that is apparently asked a lot. If it was asked so much then I should of EASILY found my answer and thus I wouldn't have posted this thread.

Spy9Doc came off quite rude to me. And for that, I probably won't ever read what she has to say and save myself from getting worked up over her responses.

Here ya go. FOUR screenshots of my searches. 1 in bedding, 1 in accessories, 1 in about guinea pigs and 1 in searching for "fleece liners"
[GuineaPigCages.com] How to make the fleece liners

I am quite disappointed in the responses from Spy9Doc. I would of expected a more mature approach from a professional.

Good grief. I think you all may have a little bit too much time on your hands to be carrying on such silliness. Yes, it is irritating that folks ask the SAME questions over and over again and start seemingly countless threads on either outright silliness or something that's been asked repeatedly.

On the other hand, if you're going to take time you really don't have, in addition to making that point (which I agree with) why not also provide some links that cover the topic? I don't have any problem with making the point that this particular topic has been discussed to an extreme, and probably has already been answered without yet another thread on it, but as a person with a very high-stress job where I work a WHOLE lot more than full time, I still don't see the value in making that comment without also adding some value to it by posting links. If you have the time to make a comment about being too busy to respond to the same question over and over, you have the time to do a quick search yourself and post some links that cover the topic.

I DO agree, though, that you need to assume some responsibility for yourself and do your own searches, not start a snit-fit when someone comments that the question has been asked and answered repeatedly.

Now, all points having been made, I'm actually going to close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.