Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Introductions How to introduce a new guinea pig ?

Twinky

Cavy Slave
Hi, I'm new on here and also new to owning guinea pigs. I need help on how to introduce a 4 th guinea pig. I got one off craigslist around a month or a month and a half ago. Her name is Pooperie (Cause she pooped like mad when I got her) and she is around 1 year old. I knew that guinea pigs need friends so I adopted 2 other pigs off craigslist. They came from people who got there moms or something from breeders. All in all they are really healthy and such, they are around 3 months now. I got them about 3-4 weeks ago. I introduced them probably not in the BEST way, but they get along really well and all is good. So my friend didn't want her guinea pig so I said I'd take it, and she said it was big. (one on my concerns) but first how should I go about introducing my 3 guinea pigs Lily? Lily is around 3-4 female and she is absolutely HUGE. She also has never been homed with another pig before (not to my knowledge) so I don't know what to do. I don't want there to be a huge 3 on 1 fight. To give you the size difference, my 3 guinea pigs can fit in the same sized igloo comfortable enough to sleep, while you could fit 2 of Lily's size and it would be possible to sleep but a little to uncomfortable. I'm positive they are all females so no babies will be produced =P. For the introductions I have a play pen (big dog one, but my pigs have used it before) and a bath tub. (they have also been in that too, that is where I met them in the beginning. Thanks for any suggestions =D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.